Factory Roller lifters Magnum 318

-

Furyus67

Reaction score
Edit: I started this thread looking for the wrong thing. My engine builder told me to get new roller lifers, not roller rockers.

I am looking for factory replacement roller lifters for a 318 magnum. Any recommendations?

Is something like part# HUG5006 what I'm looking for?

Thanks!

Last edited:
not 1.6, but I put Harland Sharp 1.7 roller rockers on my 5.9 about 4 years ago. Nothing needed to replace the stamped steel factory rockers, direct replacement.

The factory didn’t use roller rockers on any engine.

Hughes makes a nice rocker.

Lifters P5249862 Monicatti Performance what I used on my 5.9 magnum, 5.2 use same.

My engine builder said while we had them out we might as well replace them, especially with over 100k miles on the engine

Cleggs initially quoted me close to $400 for upgraded lifters to go with a new cam. When I questioned that he agreed factory lifters are ok if not planning high revs, and did not see an issue with running used ones. My engine has about 78,000. Since they are not that spendy hard to argue with replacing them with over 100,000.

stock lifters not a race cam you are good to go
viton stem seals, test your springs- maybe new
you did change your oil? right?
spin the rollers and listen

stock lifters not a race cam you are good to go
viton stem seals, test your springs- maybe new
you did change your oil? right?
spin the rollers and listen
Could you explain how the springs are checked?

Sorry I thought he meant check the springs in the valve lifters.
Good to see how that's done anyway so thanks.

Stock lifters are not a problem
bad oil is a problem
I did not mention new timing set with Ewiss chain - or reynods but you know that but lots of people read these threads

Yeaaaaaa, they are weighty little crackers ain’t they?!?!

Mopar performance used only want around 145.00-165.00 for the replacement mag bn um roller lifters. Check scummit.

-
Back