Factory Screw Up On Paint ????

-
The car is L1 for sure.

Depending on the scanner, monitor settings, lighting etc. the paint chip pages are a close representation but not a great comparison when viewed online.

It is beige no doubt. The white is bright white. But remember if this is original paint, UV rays has taken some toll on it over these many years, even if garaged most of its life.
Personally I have always ben a fan of white and beige having some of both.

This is my WW1 67 Valiant

Picture 4491.jpg

When these cars came out of the factory there could be a dozen different variances of one color plus with years of sun bleaching. My dad had a 56 Victory that was fiesta red, that car was as pink as it could be lol.

Take it to a body shop or paint supplier and have them hold the color chips next to it.

That said, an alpine white car painted shortly after a light beige one would probably be somewhat of a mix between the two. Those two shades would have likely shared the same paint line and it's proven that the paint systems weren't cleaned perfectly between color changes.

This is HIGHLY evident on any white car that follows a red one! Hence the different paint lines.

My 65 was Copper poly, but the tag says silver poly. There wasnt anything sliver on the car, jambs, under carpet, headliner. Just a light blue primer looking shade in a few places. I repainted it silver now there ARE a few copper places left...That darn silver is hard to match too. I always end up a shade too dark. I paid for Single stage....?

I just wanted to comment on how beautiful of shape that car is for an original paint car. Nice survivor there.

-
Back