Factory style hose clamps

-
Wow.

I've never had to use any type of sealant on a radiator or heater hose (in over 35 years).

Last year I put my 73 318 back in and used ebay sourced OEM style clamps on a combination of used and new hoses. I only had to use screw clamps on the bypass hose because of the A/C bracket and no space for the pliers.

The only issue I had was the clamps didn't open quite far enough, requiring me to work the hose into them while holding them open. Not terribly fun to do with one hand.

No leaks.

they were a great clamp for the assembly line fitted to new hoses but it sounds like to properly use the corbin/oem type clamps within their limited individual clamping/sealing range you'd have to have quite an assortment of sizes to deal with the variances in aftermarket hose thickness and density, as well as the multiple diameter ranges of the hoses to begin with, and a couple of the pliers-like tools as well.

or you can keep a handful of quality worm screw clamps on the shelf...and use that screwdriver you probably already have a dozen of.

If your not going for points...screw it.:D

-
Back