Fair value for 2000 Ram 4x4

-

1973dust

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on a fair price for all parties. Red 2000 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4, 5.9 auto, 112000 miles. Sorry, no pics. The truck looks great from 10-20 ft. Lower doors have some rust at pinch-weld. Bottom of truck has been black bed-lined up to first body line all around and black fender flairs hide the minimal wheel-well lip rust. Clear-coat is starting to fail on factory paint.
Interior is in very nice condition. PW, PL, Cruise, Tilt, dash-cover over the usual Dodge dash destruction, AC does not work. Just installed a used 46RE which seems fine when cold. However, after truck warms up, convertor lockup gets later and later. Convertor doesn't seem to slip once locked and shift into OD seems fine. Sometimes throws P1740 code although light on dash is never tripped. Also has noisy pinion bearings in rear differential. Tires 8000-10000 miles of tread left. I'm sure front suspension needs work and alignment as truck drives straight but has an odd feeling to it. Shocks, stainless brake lines, brake hoses, and track-bar
are all 2 years old.
Intend on fully disclosing trans and rearend issues to any prospective buyers. Just looking for other people's ideas of what it might be worth. Thanks for any and all help.

Imo a running driving 4x4 starts at about 4 grand and goes up or down considering the shape and mileage. I can say 112k is nothing for them i have one with 280k and counting and another with 212k and the transmission is gone the 280k is a manual the other is a auto I paid 3500 for my 01 in 2010 it had 180k on it iv put another 100k on it it's been a good truck its rusty and started having front end trouble at around 250k I just rebuilt the whole front end back I'm March we will see how long it lasts. For a solid one with 112k miles I'd pay 4-5k

-
Back