Fall Fling November 10, 2007

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
Fall Fling XII this year will be Saturday November 10, 2007 at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA

Please note and spread the word on the date change. We got pushed back because of park issues. Going foward, we'll have a locked in 2008 Fall Fling date by this year's Fall Fling.

This is a relaxed event with 60 "Mopars of Merit" Ribbons awarded.

Bring your Mopar show car, project, trailer queen, race car, daily driver... All Mopars welcome.

350+ Mopars, 175+ swappers, and Manufactures midway

ANY questions feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Official Fall Fling website
WITH downloadable show flyer and registration

www.cpwclub.com/fallfling.html

Fall Fling XII this year will be Saturday November 10, 2007 at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA

Please note and spread the word on the date change. We got pushed back because of park issues. Going foward, we'll have a locked in 2008 Fall Fling date by this year's Fall Fling.

This is a relaxed event with 60 "Mopars of Merit" Ribbons awarded.

Bring your Mopar show car, project, trailer queen, race car, daily driver... All Mopars welcome.

350+ Mopars, 175+ swappers, and Manufactures midway

ANY questions feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Official Fall Fling website with downloadable show flyer soon to come:

www.cpwclub.com/fallfling.html

I will be there again, rain or shine, Santa Ana wind, or even lately, earthquake:-(. I will bring the Cuda and the Duster. I have been trying to get info on joining CPW, but have had no luck...what should I do?

Love the Flings !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havent missed one in 7yrs.

Whether I bring a car or not,it doesnt matter.The swap meet is great,great cars,nice people..........Mopar heaven !!!!!!!

Oh ya....Moparj,nice quake last night huh?

WOOO-WEEEEEEE

I...I have been trying to get info on joining CPW, but have had no luck...what should I do?

Come to a couple of meetings and a monthly event and check things out and see if you like it. We take memberships at meetings only since we don't offer mail-in membership. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

A lot of members own A-bodies. I can think of 5-6 2nd gen Cudas.

Directions:
Our meetings are the 2nd Sunday of each month starting at 7:30 p.m. They are held at the Granada Hills Community Hall, 16916 San Fernando Mission Blvd., located in the shopping mall on the southeast corner of Balboa Blvd. and San Fernando Mission Blvd. 118 fwy. exit south on Balboa, Cross San Fernando Mission, left into mall rear access alley behind businesses. Park in recessed lot on left side. Meetings are the 2nd Sunday of each month.

350+ show cars..

1FF06PicCpw0158.JPG

1FF06PicCpw0168.JPG

Love the Flings !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havent missed one in 7yrs.

Whether I bring a car or not,it doesnt matter.The swap meet is great,great cars,nice people..........Mopar heaven !!!!!!!

Oh ya....Moparj,nice quake last night huh?

WOOO-WEEEEEEE

Yeah, its a great show. As far as the quake goes, I'm up in Ventura County. She shook pretty good, but it could have been worse. There was a 3.5 in the same area last week. Now is the time to start preparing, as for some reason, activity has increased lately. Its just a matter of time now before a larger one strikes.

Now, enough with the negativity....Thanks for the offer Steve....I will see if I can make it.

We had a blast at the Spring Fling, my dad and i will be there for sure, whether the duster makes it out is a different story, Hopefully we can get the 360 in before then. We cant wait!!

Yeah, its a great show. As far as the quake goes, I'm up in Ventura County. She shook pretty good, but it could have been worse. There was a 3.5 in the same area last week. Now is the time to start preparing, as for some reason, activity has increased lately. Its just a matter of time now before a larger one strikes.

Now, enough with the negativity....Thanks for the offer Steve....I will see if I can make it.

I'm in Simi Valley. I sure felt it. :shock:

We had a blast at the Spring Fling, my dad and i will be there for sure, whether the duster makes it out is a different story, Hopefully we can get the 360 in before then. We cant wait!!

Remember the "Mopars of Merit" Ribbons at Fall Fling are not just given out to prestine show cars. Lots of Ribbons are given to cars that show work in progress, effort, good showmanship/attitude.

A bunch of in progress pictures helps show that the owner did the work him/her self. And also shows what and whom were involved. Even displaying your future plans and vision for the car is helpful. Looking for postive ongoing commitment to the car, project and hobby in the future.

Disregarding the ribbon, when you communicate your past and future efforts and commitment more people offer you help and sound advice.

Really, same goes in an internet message board if you think about it.

Steve,

Is it possible (as we have done in the past) to set up a canopy as a group meeting location? We had done this for the MML in the past but would like to possibly do a multi-group (FABO, MML, BOG, BBD, Moparts, etc.) meeting area. We really appreciated you and the CPW allowing us to do this in the past. I think it would be nice to put some names to faces (especially since several people cross over between the different sites/boards)? Would this be possible to do once again?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

PS I do not mind the date change ... just as long as the sprinklers are not on the night before. ;-) The good ol' days!

Steve,
PS I do not mind the date change ... just as long as the sprinklers are not on the night before. ;-) The good ol' days!

Maybe they will keep the dust and dirt down! Spring was a mess, i couldn't keep the car clean for anything...

It would be great to meet up with all of you down there... a tent or some sort of easy up sounds good to me.

Maybe they will keep the dust and dirt down! Spring was a mess, i couldn't keep the car clean for anything...

It would be great to meet up with all of you down there... a tent or some sort of easy up sounds good to me.

I agree. It would be nice to meet up with everyone. Re: the sprinklers. A little sprinkling is good but there was 2 or 3 years where they were left on all night and it was like marshland that morning. One or two of those years, the show field had to be moved because of it. One year, I remember trying to go around the worst of it and getting temporarily stuck and as you might guess, spinning away & kicking mud and grass up.

Man I didn't feel a thing. I slept right through it in Ventura. Hope a big one doesn't come anytime soon. I'm still trying to finish my car before the fling.

Steve,

Is it possible (as we have done in the past) to set up a canopy as a group meeting location? We had done this for the MML in the past but would like to possibly do a multi-group (FABO, MML, BOG, BBD, Moparts, etc.) meeting area. We really appreciated you and the CPW allowing us to do this in the past. I think it would be nice to put some names to faces (especially since several people cross over between the different sites/boards)? Would this be possible to do once again?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

A tent would be great. I've been to the last 4 shows. The later date gives me more time to finish my car. I have hope now. :)

Steve,

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Sure, not a problem. We could set you up with a tent area.

But will it be associated with someones swap space or just for club meeting area?

Two years ago at Spring Fling 2006 we had a record rain season. It hadn't rained in over a week at the park BUT the grounds were so saturated that with less than 48 hours notice! we moved the whole event to an area they (the park dept) is not supposed to have car shows. We know that if we had it in the regular park it would be muddier than you have ever experianced in the past. The rows were straight, layout was nice, many people thought we planned the location change far in advance to celebrate our 20th anniversary. If they only knew :shock:

BTW that whole Sepulveda Basin park system with miles by miles of park is a Flood Control Basin. If you notice there's railroad crossing arms just north of the park on Woodley Ave. Those are not for the railroad, those are so the street can be closed when the street is designed to flood 3-4 feet deep!

The dust was because there was a huge event at the park the weekend before and they wore down the grass a bunch. That, and we didn't have any rain this winter which kept the grass pretty brown.

Spring Fling 2008 will NOT be the weekend after that event next year :thumrigh: :happy3:

-
Back