Fall Fling Pictures

-
We saw the Purple big tire Duster on the side of the 134 in pasadena. :(

Nice to see everyone I spoke with and good to meet a few folks I hadn't before, zhandful and mopardude318.

The purple Duster is a fellow Inland Mopars Car Club member. I only got the chance to wave at him as he was leaving the Fling. I didn't know he may have had trouble on the way home until I saw this thread - got to check it out now.
Thanks!

Yes, he had help when we went by them. Otherwise we would have stopped.

What did you buy Rob? I thought you had something in your hand.

I saw a perfect 68 A-body dash top and bottom at Alan Erland's swap spot. Someone hanging out there had bought it that day.

What did you buy Rob? I thought you had something in your hand.

I saw a perfect 68 A-body dash top and bottom at Alan Erland's swap spot. Someone hanging out there had bought it that day.

rallye speedo, shock plates, some other misc mount stuff

Really wanted to buy the set of 1.75" hookers for $50 but they were sort of beat up on the bottoms. Went back by about 1hour later, gone. It was the guy with the blower and w5 top end set up.

rallye speedo, shock plates, some other misc mount stuff

Really wanted to buy the set of 1.75" hookers for $50 but they were sort of beat up on the bottoms. Went back by about 1hour later, gone. It was the guy with the blower and w5 top end set up.

150 mph rallye speedo? How much?

Is that W5 blower guy from Dana Point that advertises here and Moparts? Mark something?

More picture of Fall Fling added by Bangshift.com: http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Car-Show-Gallery-2011-Chrysler-Performance-West-Fall-Fling.html

Mexican 68 Dart GTS 4spd for sale:

2011_mopar_fall_fling45.jpg

hemi%20dart.jpg

What is the difference between our Darts and a Mexican Dart?

Some thing from my memory on this 68 Dart GTS model for mexico:

68 Barracuda dash
no heater
mexican rallye type rims
Dana brand rear end small like a Dana 44
Special mexican GTS "318" badging
68 Dart GTS bulge hood

That car has 4spd trans with bench seat and front folding armrest. I think that is standard for them. You could not get a USA/Canada spec 68 GTS with 4spd and bench seat.

I have seen another Mexican Dart GTS with rear seat center folding armrest and automatic trans. Auto trans are rare in those years in mexico.

Some thing from my memory on this 68 Dart GTS model for mexico:

68 Barracuda dash
no heater
mexican rallye type rims
Dana brand rear end small like a Dana 44
Special mexican GTS "318" badging
68 Dart GTS bulge hood

That car has 4spd trans with bench seat and front folding armrest. I think that is standard for them. You could not get a USA/Canada spec 68 GTS with 4spd and bench seat.

I have seen another Mexican Dart GTS with rear seat center folding armrest and automatic trans. Auto trans are rare in those years in mexico.

Thanks for telling me I wondered what made them different. Was the 318 the same in HP as ours or did it more performance?

Thanks for telling me I wondered what made them different. Was the 318 the same in HP as ours or did it more performance?

Not sure. I think a little more.

They may have had 4bbl carb.

There are website about those cars out there. And maybe factory brocheres.

Lots of Mexican and South American 318 cars have "270" badges, which I believe refers to the gross HP.

New Fall Fling video. Check out the variety of Mopars! Even a air raid horn.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R130i4pCb1s"]So. Calif. Chrysler Performance West Car Club Fall Fling XVl 10/15/2011 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back