Family Fish on its 3rd life: 1967 F/B Resto

-
Just went through your thread. Excellent work! I'm already jealous of how your engine bay is going to look. Looks like this car's third life will be it's best yet!

Great progress Chris! Love the creativity!

Just went through your thread. Excellent work! I'm already jealous of how your engine bay is going to look. Looks like this car's third life will be it's best yet!

Very nice work! Wanna come work on my duster??????

Thanks guys!

Clint, I had a chance to go through your build, the work looks great.
Some of those pics you took doing the trunk looked very familiar...

No pictures since the progress is visually undetectable. The outside of the inner wheel well primer is sanded, and I am getting ready to wet sand the firewall and inside of the inner wheel wells.

Next step is take the car out and clean the garage!

Then I will be ready for some seam sealer, paint sealer, and to lay down the body color paint on the engine bay!

Until next time...

I have been collecting parts, many of them still in the boxes they were shipped in. This is taking up too much space! so I repacked for storage (instead of shipping, too much material wasting space)

thought I would share:

Attachments

• CIMG1894.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 541
  • CIMG1896.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 508
  • CIMG1898.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 492
  • CIMG1899.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 511
  • CIMG1901.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 503
  • CIMG1904.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 492
  • CIMG1905.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 507
  • CIMG1906.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 542
I was digging through a box looking for the bumper bolts and stumbled on the fender tag.

I went to : http://www.jani-immonen.net/decoders/tag6768.html

Not that I am doing a "restoration" but the car history is interesting to me.

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 273cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 6.95x14 White Sidewall
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: December O8.
AXLE: 2.94 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bench Seats. Red Interior.
PAINT: Bright Red (Dodge, Plymouth), Scorch Red (Chrysler), Flame (Imperial).
OTHER: Dark Red Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth), Ruby Red Metallic (Chrysler), Plum Red Metallic (Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
E1: Cleaner Air Package
R1: AM Radio
T4: Vacuum meter
X2: Tinted Windshield Only

abc OPTIONS:

Attachments

• fender tag.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 486
fire down to 400 grit getting closer...

also, new wheels!

Attachments

• CIMG1908.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 473
  • CIMG1909.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 484
  • CIMG1912.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 476
  • CIMG1911.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 493
I took a day off to spend on the car. I am waiting for my spray gun parts and my new gun, so I figured I should add the studs to the fenders. (eliminating the bolts)

I started with 5/16 elevator bolts. In order to have maximum tightening ability without adding spacers, I decided to thread the square part. The first set I knocked down with a 3" cut off wheel, then ran a 5/16 die over it. The last one set I just used the die and it worked fine.

I centered the bolts on the holes and tightened them down.

After clamping down the fender I burned it in.

Attachments

• CIMG1923.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 453
  • CIMG1922.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 493
  • CIMG1921.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 456
  • CIMG1920.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 464
  • CIMG1919.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 457
  • CIMG1918.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 452
  • CIMG1917.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 458
  • CIMG1915.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 483
Hi another day off work...

new paint gun arrived!
[ame]http://www.supernovaspray.com/pdf/supernova_uk.pdf[/ame]

Finished welding the fender bolts/stugd on the other side:

Attachments

• IMG_20130819_113434_155.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_20130819_113427_735.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_20130819_110100_564.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_20130819_110048_596.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_20130819_110038_282.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 441
What a great car weekend, not only did I get to spend Friday and Monday in the garage, but on Sunday I met with Dave (countrytraveler) and had a great time talking cars and picking up a few parts. It was like visiting a 33-39 dodge pickup museum. So many cool cars. plus I saw a 340-s and 383-s convertibles!

And to top it off, his business partner used to race his barracuda with a handle I have used for some time:

Attachments

• IMG_3557.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 455
Good job on studding the fenders, you might have to open the inner fender slots to get everything aligned properly like I did, but it's really not a big deal....heck now thats I'm use to looking at it I forget the bolts were ever there. keep up the good work. Now you'll have to attempt a rear spoiler just go all the way to the edges so you don't hear an earful from everyone on how you did it wrong.

I should not be looking at this.
It's too nice :)

Good job on studding the fenders, you might have to open the inner fender slots to get everything aligned properly like I did, but it's really not a big deal....heck now thats I'm use to looking at it I forget the bolts were ever there. keep up the good work. Now you'll have to attempt a rear spoiler just go all the way to the edges so you don't hear an earful from everyone on how you did it wrong.

Good point, I guess I cut the adjustability in half - I'll leave the spoiler to you, I don't have the balls to weld a freeform to the back of my car.

Idid a sanity check and I was able to get them lined up to the hood ok, but the hood looks like it may have a little twist (passenger rear corner is higher) May be able to take it up in the hood to hinge adjustment...we will see.

I should not be looking at this.
It's too nice :)

thank you.

I just told my wife how smart you are to sell the oem stuff and get the HDK, her response, if it is so smart why aren't you doing it :idea1::idea1::idea1:

Here we go with that thinking thing.

With a wife, timing is everything. Get it right and you're off to the races :)

Mine actually said the other day, if you're not going to make it the way you like it why bother? :shock:

still looking great, every time I check I get jealous... Keep up the good work.

JOE

I've been working a couple hours each day after work this week to get ready for paint on the front end. Should be ready for tomorrow! :blob:

Attachments

• cuda getting ready for paint.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 395
I don't know if mentioned prior. you going turbine bronze? or is that some other color?? Love that color as it is not used very often and looks great when fresh.

-
Back