Fantomworks 64 Dodge Dart

-
Good show. I wondered why they didn't obtain a front ball joint socket but I guess with enough tools they got the job done. The radiator spewing coolant was reminiscent of my 1964 Dart, which developed the same leaks from the upper tank. The ending was great as the owner was so happy with his solid-running slant six.

I watched it too yesterday morning. Pretty good show and the guy's kids were excited about getting back to work on the Dart!

While it was on, Velocity ran a promo for the new Wheeler Dealers season and it looks as though they're gonna do a first gen Barracuda. I couldn't tell much from the one and half seconds that they showed, but it looked like they were pulling out a V8 "lump" as they call it.

I watched it too yesterday morning. Pretty good show and the guy's kids were excited about getting back to work on the Dart!

While it was on, Velocity ran a promo for the new Wheeler Dealers season and it looks as though they're gonna do a first gen Barracuda. I couldn't tell much from the one and half seconds that they showed, but it looked like they were pulling out a V8 "lump" as they call it.
I'm bummed about wheeler dealers, it looks like "Edd" the original mechanic is being replaced. I thought he made the show.

It was kind of funny, seeing how they did the upper ball joints. I would have thought they would have had some dedicated tools, like are available to most mopar guys. I think they went thru (broke) some of they're sockets, and a ratchet. Looks like they had the same problems mentioned here, about the fitment of the ball joint, as they had to replace, the replacement.

Yea, I'm waiting for Wheeler dealers again. I saw that orange early B-Cuda, also.

With all of their jury rigging to get the ball joint out, they skinned the fender lip with the breaker bar or the wrench when it slipped. It didn't appear that they fixed it. It's a pretty good show, but the shop owner is kind of a hateful jackass! I like Iron Resurrection most of all, because of the talent of the whole group.

Good news about Edd getting his own show, the other guy is a dweeb---------
Disagree about Dan on Fantomworks, Yeah they hacked up the front suspension but I like Dan, he is a straight shooting businessman who tells it like it is.

I like Dan too. When I first moved to Virginia Beach in 2011, I was in the market for a Barracuda. The president of the local Mopar club suggested I stop by and see Dan. He made a couple of phone calls for me, then showed me around the shop. I could tell he was proud of it...and he should be, he built a great business! I think some of the show is like others, some acting thrown in for good measure.

I've never seen one. Plus the door card was missing on the driver's side which leads me to believe that someone had been working on it.

-
Back