Faster than I expected! Added video few posts down

-

19blockhead72

Reaction score
So finally got to the race track today for the first time with my very mild 408 Dart Sport. I was hopeful that it would go maybe an 8.50 1/8th mile. I was very pleased with a 7.96 followed up with a 7.97. Not to bad for a small valve jhead and a 484 lift comp. cam.
ADDED VIDEO A FEW POSTS DOWN...
IMG_0322.JPG

Last edited:
Not bad at all. Calculates to around 12.5 in the 1/4 and around 350 hp at the rear wheels.

I'm not far from South Mountain either, I'd like to try my hand at rowing some gears sometime. How many more chances for a newb are left at the track? And congratulations on the good news. Now starts the tenth by tenth quest for more speed!

I'm not far from South Mountain either, I'd like to try my hand at rowing some gears sometime. How many more chances for a newb are left at the track? And congratulations on the good news. Now starts the tenth by tenth quest for more speed!
Next Sunday the 29th is the final race of the year. You'll have to check in on their website or Facebook for details. Awsome track and great people, also a lot of mopar guys too!

Nice! Sounds Good! And I saw the sled in the water box.... I wanted to do that with my sleds... but I sold 'em.

Thank you very much. My BFGs just spin. My choice will be Nitto 555.
Thanks a lot...............Ted

Thank you very much. My BFGs just spin. My choice will be Nitto 555.
Thanks a lot...............Ted
I've heard that BFGs aren't very good. The Nittos are a great all around tire with decent wear. If your looking for all out traction there may be better choices like MT or Hoosiers. Ask around and read up before you decide. Just a side note, the track I was on was prepped very well.

Your coments are valid but I don't need all the bitting from tires like the M/T.
I thing the Nittos should work just fine. Thanks again.

-
Back