Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
You have pics of mine in your 'nubs' thread. Nubs on Cop Wheels
That is a 14, but height and width are same as the 15 I recommended. If you go to a wider tire, that width might get you - rubbin the fender in a turn. Also as someone else said, your ride height affects it too.
I don't know if I have a good 'full frontal' pic :D with both tires in it to really see the width.

Hey, my tires are 215/65/15 and like I said they are close.

l4tK6A.jpg

This is a pic with the tire cut, it has not rubbed yet, but I am going to turn the torsion bars up a little, and possibly modify the fender bottoms before paint.

Kt0J00.jpg

Hey, my tires are 215/65/15 and like I said they are close.

View attachment 1715031202

This is a pic with the tire cut, it has not rubbed yet, but I am going to turn the torsion bars up a little, and possibly modify the fender bottoms before paint.

View attachment 1715031203

Oof. Hit a bump with the wheel turned and your fender is done.

Need more backspace on that one. Or modify the fender. You'd have to raise the car an inch to make a difference on the corner.

Tonight I had the little guy out in the garage handing me stuff while I finished up the side to side brakelines.
IMG_6430.JPG

He was so helpful and amazed the lines were covered with a spring!
IMG_6424.JPG

After I brought him in and got him showered and tucked in I refreshed my memory on what a joy it is to get some of the bolts in on the driver side exhaust manifold.
IMG_6429.JPG

My TTI head pipes arrived yesterday so i think I'm going to trailer Misty to a friends who has a small repair shop with a lift this Saturday and put on the exhaust, then wrap up a bunch of little stuff and try to fire her up at the end of the day..

Last edited:
Well, as it turns out I had way too much work to do to get Misty running today. Very happy with the TTI head pipes. I very tight but exact fit. I also found out I ordered the wrong powersteering hose which caused a leak and my carburetor leaks like a sieve. Disappointing for sure but we'll get it!

IMG_6441.JPG

I need to find 2 fittings that are 1/8" pipe thread x whatever the trans cooler line flare size is. Need to plumb the lines to my new radiator. It's wierd somewhere between 1/4 and 3/8 flare....
IMG_6446.JPG

Well, as it turns out I had way too much work to do to get Misty running today. Very happy with the TTI head pipes. I very tight but exact fit. I also found out I ordered the wrong powersteering hose which caused a leak and my carburetor leaks like a sieve. Disappointing for sure but we'll get it!

View attachment 1715031829

Right there in the pic, I installed a standard set of header collectors, that way if I ever had to do a clutch change in my car, there would only be two short pipes to remove.
I figured it would allow easy access to the trans or removal of the motor, if needed.

Right there in the pic, I installed a standard set of header collectors, that way if I ever had to do a clutch change in my car, there would only be two short pipes to remove.
I figured it would allow easy access to the trans or removal of the motor, if needed.
So you put the collector on the end if the head pipe?

So the power steering hose I bought a few weeks back was wrong. It had an o ring fitting on the steering box end and an inverted flare on the pump side. Well the pump side leaked and after looking closer the pump was set up for the o ring fitting as well. My local Autozone got me the right hose over night. The description in their system said the hose with o rings on both ends is for a Chrysler pump. The first hose I had was for a Saginaw pump which is what I thought I had but was mistaken. Both pumps are triangular in nature.
Another issue resolved.
IMG_6464.JPG

I got a notification my headline is inbound.
That means the next purchase is windshield and gasket. Where does one go for that these days???

I got a notification my headline is inbound.
That means the next purchase is windshield and gasket. Where does one go for that these days???
To the windshield and gasket store, of course...:rofl:

That could depend somewhat on who is installing it. Used to be able to buy PGW off ebay and pick up at local warehouse. I don't think anyone does that now. Shipping can be a killer. So shop around local. Gaskets I got from Dante's

To the windshield and gasket store, of course...:rofl:

That could depend somewhat on who is installing it. Used to be able to buy PGW off ebay and pick up at local warehouse. I don't think anyone does that now. Shipping can be a killer. So shop around local. Gaskets I got from Dante's
I just posted an ad in the wanted section in case someone local has one too. I saw the gasket setup for sale on AMDs website

Last edited:
-
Back