Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
Bazinga! Looking sweeet my man. It's funny how stuff leaks, you feel all damn good about stuff, walk away, come back a day later and the car puddled so,etching on the floor. Like puppies who aren't housebroken!

I am now convinced I don't have the right gasket between the new booster and new master cylinder and that is where the leak is...

The gasket there does not hold fluid, the master cylinder is bad leaking past the check valve.
It will slowly leak fluid until it blows out, all at once.
Change it now.

The gasket there does not hold fluid, the master cylinder is bad leaking past the check valve.
It will slowly leak fluid until it blows out, all at once.
Change it now.
The master is new and does not leak at all
The booster won't make vacuum. Probably because this gasket is not installed between the master and the booster.
IMG_7560.JPG

Sorry, when I first read the post, I thought you were fighting a fluid leak.

I am most likely no help on the booster, but I recently changed the master cylinder on my old truck and did not change that gasket, actually not even sure now if it was even there.

Have you actually ever put a vacuum gauge on the motor and see what it is pulling?
Low engine vacuum will cause the booster to work like crap.

Sorry, when I first read the post, I thought you were fighting a fluid leak.

I am most likely no help on the booster, but I recently changed the master cylinder on my old truck and did not change that gasket, actually not even sure now if it was even there.

Have you actually ever put a vacuum gauge on the motor and see what it is pulling?
Low engine vacuum will cause the booster to work like crap.

Over 20 inches of vacuum on th manifold.

Aftermarket reservoir if so you will not need it.

I decided to order another booster and pay close attention to the gasket placement upon reinstallation
IMG_7605.JPG

Autozone ordered me in a reman brake booster last week. Had a funeral to go to last week and and couldn't get there to pick it up. I called them and said I'd be in Sunday (today) to pick it up. The person I spoke with said no problem, it will be here. I went there to get it and they counter guy said it's not here, we sent it back yesterday. I what a friggin bunch of dopes.....

Autozone ordered me in a reman brake booster last week. Had a funeral to go to last week and and couldn't get there to pick it up. I called them and said I'd be in Sunday (today) to pick it up. The person I spoke with said no problem, it will be here. I went there to get it and they counter guy said it's not here, we sent it back yesterday. I what a friggin bunch of dopes.....
Total :bs_flag: :mad:
But not surprised :mob:

It's better for me to get another booster-master cylinder from RockAuto. I can use the booster, and double check how the gaskets go and return the master cylinder and defective booster to rock for a refund they approved. Just thought it would be faster to get one locally. That didn't work out as planned but doing it with rock gets me the $140 I paid back.

I helped my son Aaron get the dash out of his 85 W150 project yesterday.
The rats had some pretty stenchy nests going on under there!
His dream is to one day trailer Misty to Carlisle and have this truck he calls the War Horse do the towing...

dashout.JPG

Those "W" series trucks are tough old stubborn machines that seem to run forever.
I just bought a new truck last month and kept my old w150, just could not part with it, it is dependable and hard working.

New booster came today so I swapped my bad one and stuffed it back in the box to go back. Cleaned the new unit with laquer thinner and sprayed it Matt black. In the car it goes tomorrow night
IMG_7629.JPG

-
Back