Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
They brought her back inside on Friday. The shop is going to remove and replace the seam fill in the gutters and sand her down. She's getting 2Kd this week for sure....I hope!

I got a call from the shop today. They sanded her down and are shooting primer tonight!

They want me to stop by tomorrow to have a look. It's been a long time since the old girl has been one color too! I can't wait.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I got a call from the shop today. They sanded her down and are shooting primer tonight!

They want me to stop by tomorrow to have a look. It's been a long time since the old girl has been one color too! I can't wait.

I'm happy for you. I know the feeling.
I am about a week or two at the most from shooting paint on my 67 fastback.
Also a father son project.
You guys are doing a great job!!!!:blob:

Reminds me of my old Football Coach Preaching the Gospel......

God Bless Misty.....

Attachments

• blocking primer.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 610
:glasses7:An artistic monochrome picture of Misty.....
What a body!
Color Tomorrow:blob::blob::blob:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 540
Tomorrow we will see color on our car. My son Aaron has been so patient and yet so persistent in pushing me, the schedule and the budget!
He's 17 now, drives his brand spankin' new Wrangler, but he is still the driving force ( or whip cracker ) on this project.
He was relentless about getting a car we could build three years ago, just willing it to happen so to speak. He is definitely the quality control officer, and he's not shy about saying to me " hey, are you sure we're doing this right?
He's a great kid and I'm glad we're sharing this adventure with each other and our family...

*rubs hands together* I love freshly painted cars!... And no its not the fumes I'm talking about. lol :laughing:

:cheers:You got some very happy Jersey Boys here:cheers:

We could not be happier with the results!

Attachments

• p10.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 517
  • p9.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 476
  • p8.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 482
  • p7.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 496
  • p6.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 489
  • p5.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 515
  • p4.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 482
  • p3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 497
  • p2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 497
  • p1.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 518
She's going to get cleaned up and striped next week then Misty will be home for Christmas!

Attachments

• p13.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 513
  • p12.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 504
  • p11.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 509
Those pictures make all the hard work worth it.

Those pictures make all the hard work worth it.

They are very satisfying, and my big guy and I got back in the truck to come home and we both agreed that now we know we will end up with an awesome car we can both be proud of...

Nice!... Just think it'll look 10 times better in the sun!

Look's like Misty's all decked out for her prom ! She's look'in good ! Now come all the details and she'll be cruising before you know it !

Keeping her name or changing due to colour...we battled that one..

looks GREAT !!!

Here's the deal with her name. Way back when we were looking for a car, we looked into a Duster down in the Baltimore area. We emailed the owners back and forth for months while they waited to get a title for the car. Ultimately they woman couldn't get it together to get a title for the car, but she was a nice person. Her name was Misty.
So when conversation happened about the prospect of getting a car, it just kinda of mutated into referring to the potential car as "Misty".
When we found our $200 74 Duster with a valid New Jersey title and she became ours, my wife just started calling the car "Misty". And that's the story behind Misty Mopar. Just wouldn't be right calling her anything else.....

We got half of the garage painted on Sunday. Over the next few days we'll do the other side, thin out most of the stuff, put up shelving, and get ready for the car to come back...

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 439
  • photo 2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 468
-
Back