Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
Who can tell me if any east coast auto parts stores have A Body wiper linkage bushings in stock?

R/T restorations in Pa
It will take 3 days to ship to you.

With the help and guidance of FABO guys, we will be re-wiring our existing wiper motor. Are the black splices just splices or are they fusible links?

Attachments

• wiper motor.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 523

Today when I arrived home from work, there was a box on my front porch. Inside the box were the pair of 340 exhaust manifolds pictured above. They were an incredible gift sent to me at absolutely no cost by a man who in no small way understands intimately how fathers and sons can bridge a generation while working on a car.

Thank you Wayne and Duane from my son Aaron and me.:burnout:

Click on this link to read their story.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=261246

From my Dad and I to you and Aaron. Couldn't think of a better place for them to be. Cars don't but memories last forever.

From my Dad and I to you and Aaron. Couldn't think of a better place for them to be. Cars don't but memories last forever.

69conv, that was an awesome thing you guys did!
It does the heart good to know people like you two are still part of this world.
My hats off. :)

It was a fantastic weekend weather wise, but we couldn't make any time for the car. Lots of other family things cooking.
Going to rewire our wiper motor over the next few days and get it back in the car. Need to get some heat shrink.

View attachment image-270078914.jpg

Those old flag beach towels come in handy

With the help and guidance of FABO guys, we will be re-wiring our existing wiper motor. Are the black splices just splices or are they fusible links?

I think they are just splices. what is wrong with the wiring on the one you have now? also if i can find it, i know i took it off, but if i can find it i have the wiper motor that i took off my 73 duster you can have.

I think they are just splices. what is wrong with the wiring on the one you have now? also if i can find it, i know i took it off, but if i can find it i have the wiper motor that i took off my 73 duster you can have.

As pointed out with arrows in the photo, there are a lot of spots where the wires have no insulation. Nothing some time with a soldering iron ans shrink tubing and a a heat gun wont fix..Thanks for the offer on yours!

Attachments

• wiper motor.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 442
Got the wiper motor rewired and the side of the heater box that attaches to the fire wall cleaned up. Think I'm going to paint the wiper motor black...

Attachments

• wm.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 460
  • hb.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 452
I would paint the motor black it will look great against the red paint.

Don't tempt me, soon there won't be a thing on the car that's not red or black

Don't tempt me, soon there won't be a thing on the car that's not red or black

Does this help your decision?

Sdw3ZX.jpg

I had our wiring harnesses out and cleaned them. I'm happy with their condition. I was at a cruise night late last summer and a guy with a beautiful charger shot his harnesses with clear lacquer used for bumper covers. Those things looked showroom new. I will be doing that process to mine

View attachment image-1617971212.jpg

-
Back