Fathers day gift Quick Resto

-

rj72cda

Reaction score
I know it is not an A body, My wife has reminded me that car jumped her dart in the line but, my brother and I have talked about doing a car for my dad for a while and I forced the issue he donated the car and we went to work. it is a 74 Sundance 318 auto factory air we added the Road runner hood and my buddy sprayed the Aztec gold PPG we spent about 3 weeks. from tear down to re assemble. we are gonna supprise Dad on Saturday in time to go to the local Hooters Cruise in.

100_02951.jpg

100_03041.jpg

100_03161.jpg

100_03061.jpg

I know it is not an A body, My wife has reminded me that car jumped her dart in the line but, my brother and I have talked about doing a car for my dad for a while and I forced the issue he donated the car and we went to work. it is a 74 Sundance 318 auto factory air we added the Road runner hood and my buddy sprayed the Aztec gold PPG we spent about 3 weeks. from tear down to re assemble. we are gonna supprise Dad on Saturday in time to go to the local Hooters Cruise in.
Boy He Will Be Surprised. Nice Job In Three Weeks.

That is a nice thing to do. I am doing about the same for my dad. My post is tribute to dad. Mopar guys all seem to be great guys.

I will say, that while I'm not a fan of gold cars, That one looks sharp. The white stripe really sets it off. Great job.
Andrew

the white stripe and hood "scoop" white out was my idea we did all the prep work and my buddy that owns the shop is the master of the Paint spraying he is the man

Very nice. I could adopt the both of you. LOL

Thats awsum he will enjoy and remember that day for a long time!

View attachment 83925

IMHO, you folks have hit on that magic combo that =
a "LIQUID" build.
"Art set in motion". OUTSTANDING!!!

She sure looks better than last time I say her, not saying she looked bad to begin with. But either way good job your Dad will love it. You gonna take the Cuda when you go also?

I'm a dad and I hope my kids see this!! LOL
Nice job fellas!!
Nice color choice too, but I think I'm biased.

I need to take lessons from your Dad. How proud would it be to drive around in something like that your son's did for you!!! Great job guys.

Wow, your own paint booth?
no not my booth shop is a full working body shop that my Good friend runs he made a space for me to work in the back and was was kind enough to spray the car and stripes. We delivered the car to my dad yesterday and he was dumbfounded. took him out to a cruise in at hooters he really was riding high

I wish i had u guys skill for three weeks of work! very very nice. he is gonna shart himself!

I wish i had u guys skill for three weeks of work! very very nice. he is gonna shart himself!
I was just the grunt work on that paint job. Loads of Blocking and taping with a hammer I did figure out that there is only one way to learn and get better at this stuff and that is jump in on a small job and try it dont do a big resto from day one. Fix an area get it right move on to the next

-
Back