Favorite alcoholic beverage

-
My birthday was Sunday, and I received 3 bottles of crown and sprite... I am infamous with my friends for it.

When I was a lobbyist, I would be having a drink at some politico bar and order a crown and sprite, and always get looks.

My favorite vacation spot is the Florida Keys, where mojitos are the local specialty, so I have become an expert aficionado on the drink.

Scotch ale made by Boundary Bay brewery, the best. Or Gaelic Coffee, Made like Spanish coffee but using Drambuie instead.

What ever is handed to me. Except scotch - can't do it. Must be an acquired taste and I ain't got none.

Single malt is pretty good, I have found that the cheap stuff ain't so good. The last bottle I bought was 60 bucks, and even that is on the inexpensive side.

Swore years and years ago that I would never drink scotch. Then a friend who only drank that offered me one. The first needed help and the second was better. Been drinking that stuff since.
However I have found some that would definitely make a better cleaning solvent. CHEERS, and a good thanksgiving to all.
Yote

Newcastle! Went through quite a bit the last couple days to help deal with the family. Gotta love the holidays...
attachment.ashx

Last edited:
I've been on "diet" lemon drops.

15 cal minute Maid lemonade and Svedka.

I'd probably like the rum and Squirt. I wish they made diet squirt.

Every now and then I get a craving for rum and ginger beer (NOT ginger ale).

Of course, there's always a Flaming Dr. Pepper.

Gotta love anything you drink that's actually on fire.

Dark and Stormy and Dragoon Punch.

If you are ever in Charleston, SC got to "The Bar at Husk"
Craftsmen, lots of handmade stuff there. Hand made ginger beer etc.
Fabulous stuff.

Favorite beer is Simtra Triple IPA from Knee Deep from Auburn, CA. Hoppier than hell!

Wow, that is a strong beer 11.5% Not for afternoon during the game I did pickup Citra pale ale to try during the raider game

Lots of great craftbeers - good times to be a beer drinker

Wow, that is a strong beer 11.5% Not for afternoon during the game I did pickup Citra pale ale to try during the raider game

Lots of great craftbeers - good times to be a beer drinker

I've got a Citra in the fridge now, waiting for my neighbor to cruise over to split.
The head brewer of Knee Deep left about a year ago, opening his own place in Sparks, NV called Revision Brewery, sunk $2M into it. First beers come out next month, and his pub opens in January, 2017.

Gosh there are so many beverages depending on the occasion. I'm more at the sipping stage these days. There's a Christmas drink from Puerto Rico called Coquito, you make it with rum, coconut, cinnamon, evaporated milk and Eagle brand milk.Coquito Recipe
Also I'm a fan of grappa after a heavy meal, many people say it tastes like jet fuel but if you give it a chance it is interesting and it does settle your stomach.

Last edited:
Gosh there are so many beverages depending on the occasion. I'm more at the sipping stage these days. There's a Christmas drink from Puerto Rico called Coquito, you make it with rum, coconut, cinnamon, evaporated milk and Eagle brand milk.
Also I'm a fan of grappa after a heavy meal, many people say it tastes like jet fuel but if you give it a chance it is interesting and it does settle your stomach.
Grappa? Yep, turpentine comes to mind. Lol

-
Back