Favorite alcoholic beverage

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Other than Coronas, or a glass of red wine, years ago i was introduced to a drink made with brazilian sugar cane alcohol called a caipirinha. Its pronounced "Caprihina" . It tastes like a limeade, that if not sipped slowly and enjoyed will knock you on your butt after about 2 or 3 of em. 2 of these to an unsuspecting person, and they are on the floor. It is definitly for sipping.

How its made.

You take a rocks glass, pour in 2 teaspoons of sugar. Cube a lime and drop it in the glass. Using a small flat bottom wooden masher, you smash the lime to a liquid pulp, add 1/2 glass of Cachaca liquor, and 1/2 glass water to slightly dilute, stir mixture until sugar dissolves, add ice cubes and enjoy.

For those who imbibe, whats your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Last edited:
That Caipirinha sounds yummy!

If I had to choose one, it would be a well made Long Island Ice Tea. Love the flavor and love the way it will sneak up on you!

• 1/2 ounce vodka
  • 1/2 ounce gin
  • 1/2 ounce tequila
  • 1/2 ounce light rum
  • 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 ounce triple sec
  • 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
  • Cold cola
  • Wedge of lemon
Shake the vodka, gin, tequila, rum, lemon juice, triple sec, and sugar with ice; then strain into a chilled collins glass filled with ice. Add cola to fill, gently stir, and garnish with a lemon wedge.

That Caipirinha sounds yummy!

If I had to choose one, it would be a well made Long Island Ice Tea. Love the flavor and love the way it will sneak up on you!

• 1/2 ounce vodka
  • 1/2 ounce gin
  • 1/2 ounce tequila
  • 1/2 ounce light rum
  • 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 ounce triple sec
  • 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
  • Cold cola
  • Wedge of lemon
Shake the vodka, gin, tequila, rum, lemon juice, triple sec, and sugar with ice; then strain into a chilled collins glass filled with ice. Add cola to fill, gently stir, and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Mmmmm long island iced tea sounds tasty.

Last edited:
IMG_2777.jpg

Have a few, turkey 101 'n coke. White russian with Stolichnaya, or a classic margarita if the bbq is running. Shots, Patron.

Other than Beer and Scotch, my recent favourite is a Cuban rum called Legendario Elixer. Dirt cheap in Cuba ($6.80) but difficult to find in Canada, could only find it in Alberta and not so cheap ($60)

006058_legendario_elixir_de_cuba_bodegon.jpg

Love my craft beer, the hoppier the better.

Current faves are:
Flying Monkeys Hoptical Illusion Almost Pale Ale
Great Lakes Brewery Tank 10 Karma Citra India Pale Ale
Collective Arts Rhyme & Reason Extra Pale Ale and Ransack the Universe India Pale Ale
Amsterdam Breweries Boneshaker India Pale Ale

When I have a change of pace, Rum & Coke or Rye & Coke.

Has been Imperial Stout for a long time. Till not so long ago I discovered it aged in whiskey barrels! Mmmm

Bourbon! Followed closely by Scotch, Rye, and Canadian...followed by gin and vodka.

For you Midwesterners, try mixing Jim Beam Cherry Red Stag with Vernors. That's probably my favorite drink.

In the very few times I drink I prefer straight Fireball or Buttery Nipples (1/2 butterscotch schnapps and 1/2 Baileys Irish creme). Can't stand beer, wine or champagne.

heres my favorite . you take 5 gal of burnt honey mix in 10 gal of warm water stir until the honey dissolves mix in 1 pak of distillers yeast wait 5 or 6 days then I pour it in a secret magic machine wait a short time and out comes my favorite drink and it has many other uses like fuel and cleaner and also a good disinfectant .

-
Back