Favorite discontinued candy or food.

-
Diet soda with saccharine in it. Seems I'm allergic to every other artificial sweetener out there today so I cant drink any of todays diet sodas, and regular sodas have just too many calories. And I really love soda! Funny thing is, I think the current sweeteners are more harmful to you than saccharine was. Really makes me mad that you can still buy saccharine sweetener, but no one uses it in diet soda any more.

None of the cereal tastes the same :disgust:. Not sure if it was changed or we're just getting older. I know my grandkids wolf it down like champs.

Its made with High Fructose Corn Syrup instead of sugar now. Just like most soft drinks.

It tastes like ***, but hey at least there's mercury in it.

About 1980 I had three bowls of Frankenberry and whizzed red afterwards. I thought I was dying! LOL

Steve

Summit candy bars

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP4XBb9Mf2g"]YouTube- Summit Candy Bar[/ame]

The commercial is horrible, but man they were good.

I seem to remember a chocolate candy called "Flicks". Does anyone remember these? They were in a cylinderish cardboard tube (I thnk covered with colored foil). I think they had milk, dark & mint chocolate flavors. Damn this thread! Now, it's got me thinking about these "Flicks". ;)

Two chocolate bars that were sold in Canada - Bar Six, and Rum and Butter.

And the original Frankenberry cereal.

I miss those a lot as well as "Wig Wag" chocolate bars.
How about Uncle Ben's pop that came in stubby beer bottles? Only sold in western Canada in the early to mid '70's. It used to be so cool to look at everyone's faces as you drove around and drank it in broad daylight. It looked like the real thing. I got pulled over a few times by the cops. It was hilarious!
Especially "Ginter Ale" my favorite!

I haven`t eaten candy for years but I believe these are gone now: Black Cows, Mary Janes, and Now or Laters. They might be available somewhere, I`ve seen a lot of vintage brand candy at Cracker Barrel.

Bottle Caps. They really did taste like soda.

Bottle Caps.jpg

In the '60s there was a pastry called Danish GoRounds that you put in the toaster. They were similar to Pop Tarts but MUCH better. And Red Rock soda. It was a strawberry flavored soda that was actually pretty good.

im a little young to have ever tried it, but does anyone miss drinking billy beer? i miss the big league chew that was shreds of bubble gum in a tobacco style package.

One of my missing favorites as well!

Anyone remember TV Time Popcorn? It was sold in plastic packages that were divided into two pouches, one was the cooking oil and the other side the popcorn?

I see some of this popcorn once in a while in discount stores. I also see some of the other stuff as well (neco-wafers, etc)

-
Back