FB Barracuda hatch

-

GTSDustin

Reaction score
Hello guys! Getting interior done in the 68 Cuda and was wondering what the rear fold down hatch was made of? Wood, cardboard? I am also missing the latch, if anybody has one for sale let me know please. would like to see some pics of finished hatch area of fb cudas! Thanks!

Mine has Plywood surrounded by a steel frame.. I would use marine grade personally if you have to replace it.

ok thanks, steel frame around all edges with carpet on both sides? Just trying to make it close as possible to original.

Mine was carpeted on the side that faces the interior an painted black on the trunk side before I removed the interior.
It plywood not quite sure about the thickness.

I think there may have been another thread about this too, but don't remember who started it. You might try a search.

I would get a template since it has a curve at the top. The three sides are pretty square. The hinge is like a piano hinge and has a REALLY strong spring!

I started a thread about this a while back. There are pics and measurements in there too. The piece is actually called a "security panel." If you can get a template from a member and a set of the original trim, you can have it remade or remake it yourself. There's a radius at the top and an angle at the bottom where the piano hinge is mounted. There's trim around the perimeter of the panel. You can PM a member on here named Barracudakid (Eddie) and he can probably hook you up with a set of the trim or an entire panel. I'll post pics of my panel tomorrow. Mine is 1/2" plywood with a hardwood veneer and stainless steel hardware. You can get the slide latch in any hardware store. I wanted a woodgrain look for something a bit different. Guys on here were extremely helpful when I had your same questions. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.

Here's a link to my old thread:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=118514

Yes everybody IS VERY helpful on here, I love this site! I actually got in touch with barracudakid before I even read your post Duster! I bought from him last year, he's a great guy to deal with! Thanks.Dustin

-
Back