fcbo rant

-
Yes, FABO is the best, have been helped multiple times with my dart, looks like will get help on the C body from the same great group of guy's ( and girls Rani!). Car will be for the wifey, will do disc brake upgrade first then drivetrain. assuming their is a inexpensive stock parts upgrade......................

Disc brakes: Mopar Action covered this recently: Scarebird has a bolt-on conversion. IIRC, it uses Ford LTD rotors and 4WD Ram 1500 calipers. Link is HERE.

No they, its me. There are several questions. The football one is Bears ---

Wait...if the question is, "What professional baseball team plays in Chicago?" that is a trick question...there isn't one! :D

*runs*

Pretty certain the disc brake stuff from a 71-73 C body will work. Been pondering the overdrive swap myself for my 71 Polara. The 284/.484 cam and small cubes don't like the car's weight with highway gears. The 3.91 cogs helped a lot, but now the cruise manners just ain't there. I have a couple A500 overdrives laying around. Seems the way I should go.

sometimes perception lags behind reality. I signed up there long time ago and it was really slow then so I had the perception it was kinda dead but knowing this I should pay a visit sometime.

Really?? I see plenty of action over there. Daily.

Yeah... The fcbo site is far from dead!!
Like I said I haven't been there in a while and it was dead then, I'm glad to hear its picked up. I have owned at least 5 C bodies including a 70 300 2 door bucket seat console car, and a 69 2 door imperial lebaron hardtop

I haven't owned a C-Body YET, but if I ever get my hands on my all time fave, I'll be joining FCBO and cruising with the Big Boats too :)

Attachments

• P1100804 (Small).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 154
I haven't owned a C-Body YET, but if I ever get my hands on my all time fave, I'll be joining FCBO and cruising with the Big Boats too :)

The only C's i've owned, I raped the drivetrain out of! But, this one is my all time favorite also!

The C body crowd is alive and well. They know their Cars, and are quite attached to them. They don't care much for the A or b body cars, but they also don't rag on them or speak much of them. they are a great bunch of Guys. The C body guys run most closely to stock original, which is a big part of the hobby. I enjoy all three points of view.

a C-body is really fitting to have a big block. I would think a 383 would be more appropriate for the car and boost the fun factor.

A newer OD would most likely restrict you to a small block but there are options.

either an LA or a big block would open up your options and make parts a lot easier to score.

I am a former C-body owner (I had a 70 sport fury ) so I know they can be fun cars but the crowd that is typically into them is not as diverse as the A and B body crowd. The Abody crowd has been the most fun for me because there is a very wide range of styles and creative people here.

You would think that a 383 would outrun a small block.

I've seen time slips and watched Bandimere passes of my friend's '67 Sport Fury LA 318/727 car that blew the doors off of a 383 C body, as well as a 455 Catalina... With a stromberg 2bbl!

It all depends on how you can tune it, but I think a standard 318 and standard 383 are neck and neck in a C body.

looking at a 65 sport fury convertible with poly 318 and do not know much about the motor so was more for info at this time. will get it elsewhere.

Check out the March '15 Street Rodder in the 'Shop Manual' section on page 120 & 122 great Info on the Poly Engines.

You would think that a 383 would outrun a small block.

I've seen time slips and watched Bandimere passes of my friend's '67 Sport Fury LA 318/727 car that blew the doors off of a 383 C body, as well as a 455 Catalina... With a stromberg 2bbl!

It all depends on how you can tune it, but I think a standard 318 and standard 383 are neck and neck in a C body.

I have never met anyone who raced a C-body ......but for wow factor ...when you roll up to a show in a huge boat all nice and fancy as a true statement of 60s and 70s Americana, that can never be duplicated elsewhere.....a small block is not going to do you any favors for wow factor.

That would be like putting a 350 in a 59 Cadillac ......sure it may run to beat the best of them but will it look the part

other than brakes being upgraded will keep it mostly stock, but with the 318, steeper gears with overdrive sounds good. thanks for all the info. I did end up getting registered on FCBO..

-
Back