Feb '10 Powder Coating Special -- Anything Aluminum

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Judging by the total lack of excitement generated by last month's Bracket & Pulley Special, this month I'm going with something I've never done before.

Through February 28, 2010, I'm offering FABO members a 20% labor discount on any aluminum part. Intakes, valve covers, air cleaners ... any make / model (your secret's safe with me) ... it doesn't even have to be a car part! If it's aluminum, it's covered under this month's special. GOLD Members save even more.

View attachment 126647

Give me a call or send a PM or email for a detailed quote. Having a photo or two of your parts and knowing what color(s) you have in mind assists me a great deal in providing a more accurate quote.

We've had so many newcomers to the site lately, I should mention that custom work is always welcome -- if you can dream it, I can help you make it happen! Over 6,500 colors, textures and finishes are available, as well as custom color matching from your own sample. Take a look at my website to get some ideas for your own distinctive design to best complement all that hard work you've done on your ride. I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed!

Be sure to mention you're a FABO member when you call or write for a quote. Parts must arrive here by February 28, 2010 to qualify.

CudaChick, please PM me or E mail me at [email protected]. Got an interesting list of questions about a lid like the one pictured and matching valve covers. Thanks!!
Chas.

Chas, I'm happy to answer your questions privately or publicly for the benefit of all. Please post them here or send me a PM at your convenience and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. I know those MP parts are a lot of fun to work on and are really versatile if you're looking for something custom.

Leanna wanna quote me on doing my K-member control arms and spindles in a wrinkle black

Sure John! Having a few clear, close up pictures of your parts makes my job a lot easier and provides a much more accurate quote. My email addresses are [email protected] or [email protected].

Since no two jobs are alike, I quote everything on an individual basis. This is a little blurb from my Pricing & Shipping page:

Quotes
Quotes are always free!
In order to give you the most accurate quote possible, the more information we have about your part(s) the better. If you decide to write for a quote rather than call, please include the following information in your email (or copy and paste this format into the body of your email) to [email protected]:
Part(s):
Color(s) desired:
Type of metal (steel, aluminum, brass, magnesium, etc.):
Is the part new or used?
How clean is it?
What type of finish is on it now? (i.e., paint, bare, powder coating, etc.)
Any custom work desired? (for example, logos or lettering in a different color, etc.)
How soon do you need it back?
What method of payment will you be using (check, money order, paypal, credit card, etc.)?
What vehicle is it for? (Hey, we're motorheads. We love this stuff!!)
How were you referred to PSC?
A photograph or two of the part(s) is always helpful as well. (Please copy and paste them into the body of your email rather than as a download attachment.)

Thank you both for checking out my special! I look forward to working with you and appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

OK Leanna, I have the Mopar Performance Air Cleaner and matching Valve Covers. They are cast and have that wrinkle black paint on them and though I have had them for about 5 years I think they have not been used except the air cleaner lid for a short while so no pitting or other issues. I am building a small block for my car and had the idea of either painting the parts or possibly powder coating them to match the motor in the Mopar Orange color. In the end they will look just like they do but in Orange instead of Wrinkle Black with all the raised areas of the parts still exposed in cast. I think I explained that right? My questions are would this be expensive to do? Can this be done? I just want something different! Thanks.
Chas.

OK Leanna, I have the Mopar Performance Air Cleaner and matching Valve Covers. They are cast and have that wrinkle black paint on them and though I have had them for about 5 years I think they have not been used except the air cleaner lid for a short while so no pitting or other issues. I am building a small block for my car and had the idea of either painting the parts or possibly powder coating them to match the motor in the Mopar Orange color. In the end they will look just like they do but in Orange instead of Wrinkle Black with all the raised areas of the parts still exposed in cast. I think I explained that right? My questions are would this be expensive to do? Can this be done? I just want something different! Thanks.
Chas.

Chas, you explained it very well and YES, it can be done! (Your imagination is the only limit to my talents LOL)

I have a Hemi Orange powder that might work out for you. If you shoot me a PM with your mailing address, I can get a color swatch on the way so you can see it for yourself.

In the meantime, take a look at my website Gallery ... you should see a couple pairs of valve covers done in Hemi Orange; one pair of Magnums [http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings/WORK SAMPLE PHOTOS/IM005404.jpg] is a full body coating with only the ribs and logos left intact in the cast finish, and the others [http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings/WORK SAMPLE PHOTOS/IM004538.jpg] were fully polished with the Hemi Orange applied just between the fins. Both pairs of those were for FABO members by the way. :-D

In the absence of photos just for "ballpark" purposes, I'd say you should be able to get your valve covers and the air cleaner assembly custom coated as you desire for around $150 or so (depending on whether it's just the air cleaner lid or the base too) before your FABO discount / monthly special is applied if the parts arrive clean and there aren't a lot of unexpected repairs.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Of course, give me a call if you wish to discuss details or have any follow up questions.

Chas, you explained it very well and YES, it can be done! (Your imagination is the only limit to my talents LOL)

I have a Hemi Orange powder that might work out for you. If you shoot me a PM with your mailing address, I can get a color swatch on the way so you can see it for yourself.

In the meantime, take a look at my website Gallery ... you should see a couple pairs of valve covers done in Hemi Orange; one pair of Magnums [http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings/WORK SAMPLE PHOTOS/IM005404.jpg] is a full body coating with only the ribs and logos left intact in the cast finish, and the others [http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings/WORK SAMPLE PHOTOS/IM004538.jpg] were fully polished with the Hemi Orange applied just between the fins. Both pairs of those were for FABO members by the way. :-D

In the absence of photos just for "ballpark" purposes, I'd say you should be able to get your valve covers and the air cleaner assembly custom coated as you desire for around $150 or so (depending on whether it's just the air cleaner lid or the base too) before your FABO discount / monthly special is applied if the parts arrive clean and there aren't a lot of unexpected repairs.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Of course, give me a call if you wish to discuss details or have any follow up questions.

That part makes me all jumpy.I think I'm being bad again.8)

Hey ... I AM a redhead. ;-) It makes 'em all jumpy. LMAO

Feel free to be bad whenever you want Dave. You've earned it.

Leanna,
I just purchased a new Victor manifold and a Snow Performance methane/water injection system that has a 1" plate that goes between the carb and the manifold.I would like to get them both powder coated. What would it cost, how long to get it done, and what would be the approximate cost of shipping back to me at 53901. I've never had any powder coating done before so its all new to me. Here is a picture of the manifold, I dont have a pic of
edl-2954.jpg
the plate but can get one.

kocoda, If you have the raised lettering sanded/polished and just cleared/ rest of part color of choice makes for a nice effect.

kocoda, If you have the raised lettering sanded/polished and just cleared/ rest of part color of choice makes for a nice effect.
Thanks 65BCODA, good idea. Thought about clear coat, but what would you use that wouldnt be a maintance issue?

A paint based clear coat on an engine will yellow over time.
I was reffering to a powder coat clear.
Sorry for not being clear.

Leanna,
I just purchased a new Victor manifold and a Snow Performance methane/water injection system that has a 1" plate that goes between the carb and the manifold.I would like to get them both powder coated. What would it cost, how long to get it done, and what would be the approximate cost of shipping back to me at 53901. I've never had any powder coating done before so its all new to me. Here is a picture of the manifold, I dont have a pic of
edl-2954.jpg
the plate but can get one.

Hey Ken, it was great talking with you today! I have a feeling the brain storming session will provide you with some outstanding results in the end. I'm looking forward to seeing a couple more pics of the parts and will get some color swatches out to you in the meantime. Feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions.

Last bump for the short month!

I'm almost through with my tremendous back log (thanks to all of you for your extraordinary patience) so if you send some parts now, you WILL have them back before the summer.

Yessss, I'm kidding! It won't take nearly that long, I promise.

Thanks to FABO for keeping me hopping these last few months. Love ya all!!! :love7:

Bumpity, bumpity, bumpity bump. And i have found a box, so i will be getting my valve covers ready to ship!

-
Back