FED EX.......WTF

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL, I read all the rants about shipping, and here is another..........

A RockAuto purchase shipped to Ontario Canada from Tonawanda NY via Memphis :BangHead: It's been sitting there since the 14th, as my car sits on the hoist waiting on parts. At least I'm saving $40 bucks from buying local.......:(

End of rant.

1030912-234d12beb7fba06550754f510882dc61.gif

LOL, I read all the rants about shipping, and here is another..........

A RockAuto purchase shipped to Ontario Canada from Tonawanda NY via Memphis :BangHead: It's been sitting there since the 14th, as my car sits on the hoist waiting on parts. At least I'm saving $40 bucks from buying local.......:(

End of rant.

View attachment 1716224894

As a fellow Canadian, I feel your pain.

Out of desperation, I have started using Canada post and USPS.

Guess what?

I'm finding it cheaper, more reliable but, not quite as fast as when the Courier companies get it right.

However, I am getting used to the longer delivery times , usually a couple of days in the difference.

I actually had Cas at Dr. Diff send me a Suregrip differential and a set of 3:55 gears via USPS.

Got it in 8 days!! And I'm in Newfoundland so much longer ways to go.

Are you sure the part didnt originate in Memphis. Rock auto is a co-operative.

It is truly mind boggling at times. The company I work for sends anything bound for the US from here to Calgary, then to Winnipeg, regardless of the destination. We have a major border crossing 1 hour south of here into Montana. :realcrazy:

I shipped a package USPS on Feb 28. To South Georgia. I could walk it in 3 days. Package still hasn't arrived at the destination. . Should get free shipping on **** like that.

Was expecting an Ebay purchase of ECU harness by USPS which I have been happy with.
Tracking through USPS had it in Minnesota for days.
Went to P.O. to mail a package and printout showed the same per the lad at counter who explained the long conveyor system sometimes has a package in continuous loop. He said he would send an email regarding same yesterday.
Checked Tracking today and is ALREADY in San Bernardino.

was about to fire off a rock auto order for all kinds of brake/rear end rebuild stuff-- shoes, cylinders, bearings, seals, gaskets, h'ware kits-- so nothing big or heavy.

$184 parts, $72 in shipping + tax.

one in particular $15.22 shipping on $8 for diff gasket and two axle gaskets.

yeah, not this time rock. split the order up between napa, o'reilly and amazon and it was under 200 and still got all the stuff in a about two days.

Nah, it was labelled in Tonawanda, went to Cheektowaga then to Memphis......Pretty quick to Memphis though!
Warehouse is in Tonawanda. FedEx terminal is next to the Buffalo airport in Cheektovegas and I think Memphis is their main hub. Maybe contact Rock Auto and ask them to follow up for you. FedEx won't do anything for you as the recipient because you aren't the one who paid them.

Warehouse is in Tonawanda. FedEx terminal is next to the Buffalo airport in Cheektovegas and I think Memphis is their main hub. Maybe contact Rock Auto and ask them to follow up for you. FedEx won't do anything for you as the recipient because you aren't the one who paid them.
Tanks Todd. That was my next step. I was going to watch the tracking number for a couple of more days then contact RA. :thumbsup:

was about to fire off a rock auto order for all kinds of brake/rear end rebuild stuff-- shoes, cylinders, bearings, seals, gaskets, h'ware kits-- so nothing big or heavy.

$184 parts, $72 in shipping + tax.

one in particular $15.22 shipping on $8 for diff gasket and two axle gaskets.

yeah, not this time rock. split the order up between napa, o'reilly and amazon and it was under 200 and still got all the stuff in a about two days.
I think the key is to try and get all of your stuff from the same warehouse if possible. I was looking at a pair of mufflers.......One came from one warehouse and the other one from another. It was almost $50 shipping for each muffler........No dice on that one.

Was expecting an Ebay purchase of ECU harness by USPS which I have been happy with.
Tracking through USPS had it in Minnesota for days.
Went to P.O. to mail a package and printout showed the same per the lad at counter who explained the long conveyor system sometimes has a package in continuous loop. He said he would send an email regarding same yesterday.
Checked Tracking today and is ALREADY in San Bernardino.
Now in Bakersfield only 60 or so miles to go.
Interested to see if it shows manana.

Best thing to do if your in Canada and close to the border is to ship it to a drop just inside the states and jump the border. No duty, no stupid shipping charges and no waiting.

Best thing to do if your in Canada and close to the border is to ship it to a drop just inside the states and jump the border. No duty, no stupid shipping charges and no waiting.
That's what I do with any large shipments or things that I don't need asap.

As easygoing as us Canucks are, not all of us are allowed to cross into US. Who knew crossing the border with Polar Bear **** stuck to your tires is considered smuggling? :rolleyes:

You guys are scaring me. Just placed a Rock Auto order for some 2008 MINI Cooper gaskets earlier today, Am I gona get the Hot Beef Injection?

Nah, it was labelled in Tonawanda, went to Cheektowaga then to Memphis......Pretty quick to Memphis though!
I can confirm there's a Rock auto supplier in Tonawanda (there's another in Syracuse). Sounds like it went Tonawanda to the airport, which is in Cheektowaga, then to the Fedex Memphis Hub. It's probably sitting in a pile. Or got crunched/opened and they're gonna put a bunch of tape on it.

During the pandemic, FedEx employees were stealing ammo like crazy. They're thieves. I swear they open stuff to see if it's worth stealing. I've had stuff delivered with box cutters inside; like they opened it, accidentally left it in there, and taped the box shut

-
Back