Anyone Else Fed Up with Mopar Performance?

-

Lammio

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I'm fed up with paying the price and getting junk. Almost everything I've ordered lately from MP has been a disappointment. I don't know what they're producing for the modern Mopar stuff but for our older cars it's ridiculous!
Well, there's my 2 cents. Anyone else?

After having the SS springs go flat, and the 484 cam went flat also, I don't even consider them for anything I can get somewhere else.

I am surprised it's taken you this long. They have sucked for over 20 years now.

Well, the company is owned by FIAT. What do you expect?
Long a problem before Fiat my friend.

This is true:violent1::violent1:

No Stroked! (LMAO, I know, I know, sarcasm by you.)
RRR nailed it. However, when the gamble pays off with a good part they actually have, there very good.

It's a shame the W5 head didn't get done right. It's always a gamble getting a head.
The biggest joke when they first came out, besides the head itself was the intake that required modifications.
There cams spec all over the place.

The W2 head is a good head besides being heavy. But the draw back of oval ports is stupid. And now, there's no open chamber W2 or econo version. STUPID! Grass root guys left in the cold.
Blocks are drying up as well. They started to use seasoned I me for the create motor project. The short blocks were machines by a Al. Shop that put one over on Mopar. Drivers side positive slugs and passenger side & 0 deck. NICE WORK YOU REDNECK ****!
Must have been a GM shop.

Premium price for sub standard parts. And the ones that are decent are still to much money.
Grass roots friendly my ***.

Well, "we" just need to admit it. "We have gone" the way of AMC, Studebaker, Kaiser, Oakland, and about 150 others. "We" are no more. And, really, "haven't been" for a very long time.

Ma Mopar sold us out long ago....

We're on our own now...

Well, "we" just need to admit it. "We have gone" the way of AMC, Studebaker, Kaiser, Oakland, and about 150 others. "We" are no more. And, really, "haven't been" for a very long time.

This ^^^^^^^

Chrysler has had it's ups and downs for quite a few years and haven't supported the after market you can say what you want but I think Fiat is doing some good things with Chrysler considering how bad the company was look at the truck recall -- buyback Fiat got stuck big time

I can't recall the last time I actually bought anything from Mopar.
Perhaps maybe a pair of bigblock dipsticks about 7-8 years ago.

I am surprised it's taken you this long. They have sucked for over 20 years now.

Ditto.

But, where Mopar Performance has failed the aftermarket has kicked it up a lot in 10 years. When i started into Mopars in the early 90's Year One and The Paddok were about it for Restoration stuff. Now there is off the shelf exhaust systems, big brake kits, aftermarket front and rear suspensions, better reproduction sheet metal, 5 and 6 speed swaps etc.

Bottom line MP can't compete and almost all of their stuff is from mainstream MFG's branded under their name for a large mark up.

I can't recall the last time I actually bought anything from Mopar.
Perhaps maybe a pair of bigblock dipsticks about 7-8 years ago.

Just came from the Nats. The 2 guys at the MP booth were a pair of big block dipsticks too!

I've personally never bought anything through MP. I've had friends buy small stuff, valve covers and the like. But honestly it seems like the aftermarket stuff is a lot better than what MP puts out. Maybe they stopped caring about us guys? And only care about putting out 70G overweight muscle cars. JMO

Well, the company is owned by FIAT. What do you expect?

Really??? MP has been crummy for 25 years. Fiat if anything has been good to Chrysler.. with the hellcat program, etc.. Fiat is enormous for a reason, to bad Chrysler didn't have the management that Fiat has!

It absolutely blows me away to think they are so narrow-minded as to not realize that the same guys that buy Mopar Performance parts also buy new cars and trucks. I can honestly say that I'm less than impressed with the parts and service I've received at my local dealer. It makes me think twice about buying new cars from Fiat....er....Dodge. I definitely wouldn't put anything on my Dart advertising Mopar Performance.

I am only running their valve covers and window sticker in the back window...sleeper...

Really??? MP has been crummy for 25 years. Fiat if anything has been good to Chrysler.. with the hellcat program, etc.. Fiat is enormous for a reason, to bad Chrysler didn't have the management that Fiat has!

Part of me would just as soon whatever Chrysler / Dodge is would just go out of business as to be owned by Fiat. I can remember when the word "Fiat" meant something ELSE that started with "F". Can you spell "Yugo?" That's exactly what a Yugo IS---left over tooling from a Fiat 128.

I can't afford a Hellcat any more than I can afford a new Z 'Vette. In my opinion, what is needed is the very thing that STARTED the muscle car craze originally...........affordable chassis/ bodies with a fair amount of engine.

But maybe I'm wrong.........maybe Fiat IS doing "good things." So if they are, WHY HAVEN'T THEY got a fire lit under MP?

MP has sucked for many years. When was the last time they introduced a performance part for a la, b or rb engine. Look in a Ford or GM performance catalog, lots of parts for old and new.

Dwayne Porter and I were talking on the phone today and we both agreed that if we were starting out today it wouldn't be in a Mopar. Both of us are to old and have to many years and dollars invested to switch now.

I agree with the guys that Fiat has been good for Chrysler.

I can't afford a Hellcat any more than I can afford a new Z 'Vette. In my opinion, what is needed is the very thing that STARTED the muscle car craze originally...........affordable chassis/ bodies with a fair amount of engine.

I've been saying this for a long time. It's 1 part of a 2 part problem. There are zero affordable hot & fast cars that could help propel the hobby for the next gen. The best they have to offer is a lame V6. Or a turbo on a 4 banger in the Dart. While not to shabby of a performer, I highly doubt you will be seeing them in 20-25 years out pushing a respectable time slip.

The only V8 is the HEMI. 4.7? YEA! LMAO! Better off with the Magnum engines. Pop one of those babies in a Avenger. That would have been suitable!!!!

I'm also pissed that I can't get a Dakota. But Nissian and Toyota have a mid size truck....

-
Back