Fender Flares?

-

73 340

Reaction score
Anybody have pictures of a bodies or any old mopars with fender flares? Just Curious:happy1:

There was a magazine article years ago about flaring the fenders on a '71 or so B-body. I tried to google the article but didn't find it.
However google images had a few pics of Mopar car with flared fenders.
Dallas

I've got pics archived on a disc here somewhere of a B'cuda vert with what look like Corvette flares grafted on all 4 corners. It's a about as hideous looking as that boat on ebay. Side by side would represent from one extreme to the other. LOL

Indy cylinder head had a 69 Dart drag car with the rear fenders not flared but widened.

Think it was about 5" wider than stock. The sides bowed out like a roadrunner or charger and looked factory.

It was done to run wider tires and needed to look totally stock and unless you really knew how it should look could have been factory

It was a b5 blue car. Have not seen it in a long time

I got a set of these, because Im'm curious, and I have a dart with bad lower Quarters to try this on.

$_57.JPG

Mignt look like this?

$_12.JPG

I'm on the fence myself about flares
Since my 65 Cuda is ruff around the wheel wells but dodge body styles don't seem to lend themselves as easily to them.

Hey thx 273.
Those fronts might be a bit much for me, but I like!

Yeah, no, I think I like the Camaro's better.................
I wonder how the Formula-S would steer with the scrub radius jacked out that far? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
I wonder how the Formula-S would steer with the scrub radius jacked out that far? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It depends on your offset and what you've done to the front inner fenders. My guess is most people will have a slight loss of steering feel/range and a bit harder steering. Maybe not a good idea with a manual box. But just think of the grip...

-
Back