fender mount turn signal question

-

purplescamper

Reaction score
1 have a 73 scamp and I want to replace my fender mount turn signal indicator , and I'm wondering what will fit ? thanks

I don't know but you might tuck this tidbit into your memory banks. There used to be a stupid option called "mileage minder" or some nonsense that had a vacuum switch which when you pressed down on the throttle a bit, the switch would light up the left turn indicator. This was supposed to help you maintain mileage. If you run into one of these, might explain the "weird" wiring

I think I still have a pair of those off a 73 Valiant here somewhere. Pulled for a buyer who didn't follow through, found locally, or whatever.

I don't know but you might tuck this tidbit into your memory banks. There used to be a stupid option called "mileage minder" or some nonsense that had a vacuum switch which when you pressed down on the throttle a bit, the switch would light up the left turn indicator. This was supposed to help you maintain mileage. If you run into one of these, might explain the "weird" wiring

Ahh, you’re talking about the Fuel Pacer System which was introduced in around ‘75. It operates/lights up on low vacuum to suggest you might have a lead foot. There’s a vacuum pot/switch screwed to the inner fender near the battery for the system. My ‘75 Scamp came with it and I’m not sure if it lights up more from that or from turning.:steering:

I'm looking for new ones
I know I have seen re-pops. Should be easy enough to compare and match what you have. I think most were one wire with chassis ground, but there are 2 wire type also that I think look identical from top.

Ahh, you’re talking about the Fuel Pacer System which was introduced in around ‘75. It operates/lights up on low vacuum to suggest you might have a lead foot. There’s a vacuum pot/switch screwed to the inner fender near the battery for the system. My ‘75 Scamp came with it and I’m not sure if it lights up more from that or from turning.:steering:

THANKS!!

I don't know why someone "disagreed" I was only pointing out that if you found some in a junker, there might be wiring variations. Here is a depiction........

1975 fuel Pacer wiring Diagram

scan10013-jpg.jpg

and "the thing" itself

s-l300.jpg

-
Back