Fender Sealing

-
Well, then I guess you will be dealing with road rocks out of the tire tread chipping the paint off leaving exposed metal.:D
It's pretty though.
Well, not me, I sold it to DDaddy! He will probably have to do something, He is in PA.

Well, not me, I sold it to DDaddy! He will probably have to do something, He is in PA.

I think we can count on him making his own decisions then.
Everything I see about him is that he knows WTF. :D

I still havent gone out to the shed since Monday night. Im going to put the dumdum on and see how it pulls together. Im kinda like mopar tim. I dont want to have a gap that I can see down into. If theres a gap I will go with nothing and try running a bead of non hardening caulking under the bottom to block off water from coming up. I'll update once I get the fender on for a final time.
Thanks Rod

You can also have the best of both worlds. If you like the color, but want protection, you can use a product such as
SEM 39803, their clear chip guard. I've actually had customers who had me spray it to exterior surfaces of their car, such as the rocker panels or lower quarters and lower fenders.

Matthew

My 65 Barracuda had a caulking material that looked like it spread when the fenders were installed. The material was hard and dry after 50 plus years and hard to scrape off.

-
Back