Fender Tag Help

-

bluenotefan

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good resource for decoding a '65 Plymouth fender tag? I've found several in-depth websites, but I've only been able to figure out bits and pieces.

I've been going over mine, and have figured out some of it. For instance the 2nd row code is:

AB DE Q Z
30 55 1 2

Which I believe translates to 273/2bbl, Automatic, Heater w/Defrost, AM Music Master Economy, and Front Buckets and Console.

I get to row three and that's when things get fuzzy.
Also, row one, is pretty much blank other than a faint "35" stamping on the upper right of the tag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

one must show pictures to get better information, which tag where is it located. Galen G. is the main man for tag info if you can take pictures and send them to him. Or show them here many can tell you as they have the book info but with no pictures and good real information we just guess. I have a 65 formula S and had a 66 273 prior but cannot see your car from here???????????????????? Not trying to be evil just telling you the truth of information on these great old cars.....

Mopar or no car here also!!!!

Xs2 pictures go a loooong way here.... without proper sequence of said numbers in said order on the proper lines we are pissing in the wind....

If it helps, the line I'm asking about appears to read

(902 00036) this is the order number and should be the same on core support and left rear quarter panel. It correlates to "902" 9th month 02 day: Sept 02 and I believe the 00036 is just an order number.

B-V = Valiant
D-8 = Barracuda
Y-9 = Barracuda

T-P = premium front bucket seat
R-4 = vinyl bucket seats
M-R = Red

WW1 P
P= Upper body/roof color = White
A = Body color = White
I = mono tone paint
N = side sweep color = n/a in your car, hence the space
T = Upper door frame/molding insert color = Ruby red (Plymouth)

one must show pictures to get better information, which tag where is it located. Galen G. is the main man for tag info if you can take pictures and send them to him. Or show them here many can tell you as they have the book info but with no pictures and good real information we just guess. I have a 65 formula S and had a 66 273 prior but cannot see your car from here???????????????????? Not trying to be evil just telling you the truth of information on these great old cars.....

Mopar or no car here also!!!!

Xs2 pictures go a loooong way here.... without proper sequence of said numbers in said order on the proper lines we are pissing in the wind....

Sorry guys. This is my first ever muscle car, MoPar, and non-EFI vehicle I've ever owned. Here's a pic as requested. I resized it down pretty far so it wouldn't fill the whole screen. I hope it still shows up well enough to read it.

FenderTagresized.jpg

I apologize. Stupid photobucket insists on turning this pic vertical, even though it was taken, saved and uploaded with a horizontal orientation. Lame.

(902 00036) this is the order number and should be the same on core support and left rear quarter panel. It correlates to "902" 9th month 02 day: Sept 02 and I believe the 00036 is just an order number.

B-V = Valiant
D-8 = Barracuda
Y-9 = Barracuda

T-P = premium front bucket seat
R-4 = vinyl bucket seats
M-R = Red

WW1 P
P= Upper body/roof color = White
A = Body color = White
I = mono tone paint
N = side sweep color = n/a in your car, hence the space
T = Upper door frame/molding insert color = Ruby red (Plymouth)

Nice, Rocky_JS

Color-wise, That's definitely my B'Cuda. The only thing in that listing that doesn't match with my car as it sits right now, is the vinyl buckets. The front buckets and the rear bench are red, ribbed fabric. I'm guessing they were reupholstered at some point. Thanks for the help!

-
Back