Fender tag question

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I was just looking at my fender tags on my 73 Charger. I always assumed this but to be sure I will ask the crowd.
One of my tags has a H in the bottom left corner and a F in the right corner...have no clue. But top right corner has a SO.....can I assume that meant special order?
Thanks
Al

sounds like an inspector stamping, but on a separate tag. Is the other tag exactly like the main fender tag or is it smaller? if smaller likely is a strip tag (inspector tag). If it looks like a regular fender tag it will have the vin information on the bottom also the first tag will say "CNT" and not "END" at the top cnt is continuation tag IE: second fender tag.

sounds like an inspector stamping, but on a separate tag. Is the other tag exactly like the main fender tag or is it smaller? if smaller likely is a strip tag (inspector tag). If it looks like a regular fender tag it will have the vin information on the bottom also the first tag will say "CNT" and not "END" at the top cnt is continuation tag IE: second fender tag.[/QUOTe
Nailed it....

Thanks guys I guess I will try in a different light and grab a pic, I have not seen a tag with this before. It is the same size as the other tag.
AL

Ok here is the pic I could get.
So it has a H in the left bottom corner, and F in the bottom right and the SO on the top right.
Any ideas?
Al

Attachments

• aprilcharger 006.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 298
heres what i got. that was an ordered car. the H and SO on the other tag is showing up as the top color, but i dont know how accurate that is .

WH23:
Dodge Coronet,Charger
High
2 Door Hardtop
H3A: 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Lynch Road, MI, USA
188016: Sequence number
E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
TX9: Black Diamond (Dodge) Exterior Color
H6XW: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black/White
MW1: Eggshell White (Dodge) Int. Door Frames
226: Build Date: February 26
843469: Order number
TX9: Black Diamond (Dodge) Top Color
C: Canada Specifications
J54: Sport Hood

Thanks I got all the info from the first tag..it was that second one I was unsure about. So that SO was special order...someone told me it could be Sequence Order...but that doesn't make any sence to me.
Thanks very much for the help
AL

Thanks I got all the info from the first tag..it was that second one I was unsure about. So that SO was special order...someone told me it could be Sequence Order...but that doesn't make any sence to me.
AL

i have seen other tags that say Special Order spelled out and they had a tranversed stamping like yours does. so i would say that idk if the SO is special order

AL
** Maybe you should hang on to this one!!

Sequence Order is that other six digit number above the serial number.

That's a Lynch Road car (A in VIN position 7), and they used blank tags for inspection marks.

haven't seen one with SO, on it though. Usually just a singlr letter or number, often reversed (stamped from back)

Lynch Road also used "gate sequence" numbers - they're at the top of your first tag.

...and I think that "041" is the axle gear ratio...

It is an inspection tag, Lynch Road used that type for quite a while.

Edit;

That 'so' looks like the number 20 to me, it was stamped from the back side.

-
Back