Fender well rolling and trimming?

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
My front wheels rub the very front lower edge of the wheel opening. What will be the best way to gain the clearance I need, and how much is needed?

Thank you in advance.

Well then turn the tire to it's closest point and fold or cut until you think you have enough room. 1/2" to 3/4" should do it.

That would be awesome, but not in the cards.

okay, buy good used tires that fit, if you haven't rolled fenders before you likely don't have the tools or knowledge to do so and can damage paint/fender pretty easy

I bent mine in a bunch. But I think you could do the same but just a lesser amount.

Attachments

• FenderClearanceLg02.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 248
  • FenderClearanceSm20.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 244
  • FenderClearanceSm21.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 234
  • FenderClearanceSm07.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 245
  • FenderClearanceSm25.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 240
  • FenderClearanceSm27.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 248
Au
I bent mine in a bunch. But I think you could do the same but just a lesser amount.
Is there anyway you could get me a few pics of the inside of your fenders after you made the so I could see how much lip you left? Also if you have any pics side view with the wheel in place. When you bent the fender in, what did you use. Thank you in advance

rolling them can easily cause damage yet you do need some lip for strength. My advice is to remove lip material and then be sure the remaining lip is smooth.

rolling them can easily cause damage yet you do need some lip for strength. My advice is to remove lip material and then be sure the remaining lip is smooth.
does ur car have fender braces close to the problem area ? u could make a little longer braces that would shove the fender out some, for more clearance when turning.

does ur car have fender braces close to the problem area ? u could make a little longer braces that would shove the fender out some, for more clearance when turning.
Thanks Bob, I went ahead and removed the lip from the bottom up about 4.5" then took 3/4" up to zero, like a pizza slice and they came out really nice. Looks like they were made that way.

-
Back