Fenderwell Headers with side exhaust

-

MoparMic

Reaction score
This may have come up before but i can`t find it. I`m looking for some pics of cars with fenderwell headers with the exhaust run straight back to a muffler outside the frame rail

Not that I have great experiance with this, but I never seen it as well. Perhaps, the exit location is to far out board to do this easy?

Last edited:
Yeah I think you'd have to fold it, or run fakes or partial/mostly fakes. Unless you can afford to lose whatever power 2 back-to-back 90* bends might cost.
But then again, I've seen 'em on Vettes and Vipers.....and 64 Impalas

Hey its gotta Hemi!
20190820_220644.jpg

And his headers are custom

Last edited:
You mean sorta like side pipes?

This may have come up before but i can`t find it. I`m looking for some pics of cars with fenderwell headers with the exhaust run straight back to a muffler outside the frame rail

Probably not what you are looking for, but here it is anyway.:D
Belongs to a friend.

IMG_0774.JPG

I love that car, was it for sale here awhile back?

Yes and still is as it's on the Phoenix Craigslist.
He said he has 99% of the stuff to put it back stock street legal, and a lot of it is new in boxes.
Really nice guy, and loves to talk Mopar.

Did it on My 73 Duster with a 470, Hooker FW. Had to notch the torsion bar crossmember where it ties to the outer pinch weld for the 3 1/2 collector. Then used a short 3 in pipe to a Magna Flow round muffler then down the sides and a 45 to bring it out just before the rear tires. When I get back to where the car is I can get some pics if you would like. I will tell you it is loud in and out of the car. Considering some Shumacher under chassis with a full out the back system, maybe later.

headman's to 3.5" magnaflow round mufflers and a 45 kicking them out. I also notched ( heavily ) the crossmember between my rocker & frame connector.

tires rub, every fenderwell header I have had rubs. tried a bunch. these were the least. its not a tall tire. 165/80r15's? cant remember. car was pretty level , slightly nose down. just hadn't settled down yet. just changed the oil before the picture was taken. think if I ever get around to putting it back together I will raise the floor in that area and raise the exhaust up. will probably even move the engine back to gain some tire clearance.

-
Back