Feul additives for higher compresson engines.

-

Barracuda67

Reaction score
What additives can be added to help the burn? when running approx. 10.5 compresson.
Isopropyl 99.9% can this be used?
Thanks

is it snowing up their allready.idont use any with my10.5cr 340 on93 octain. has no ping with 36deg total advance.

If you're unwilling to use race gas, you can try toluene - it's supposedly around 114 octane. See this link:

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/audi/toluene.html

We used it on a turbo demo car at work at the PRI trade show to make sure it didn't suffer any detonation during dyno pulls. There wasn't anything to tow it home with if something broke.

10.5 commando engines run just fine on BP 93 octane. I've even used 91 octane gasohol (10% alcohol) without a problem. If you build an engine with 11-11.5:1 then you need race gas or additives. Toolmanmike

10.5 commando engines run just fine on BP 93 octane. I've even used 91 octane gasohol (10% alcohol) without a problem. If you build an engine with 11-11.5:1 then you need race gas or additives. Toolmanmike

I am running 11.0-1 compression in my 360.

I was using 110 octane race fuel, but at $8.00 a gallon, I had to try the pump gas.

I now run 93 octane and some lucas octane boost.
It only gives you three octane points no matter if you use 6 ounces of octane boost or a gallon, the chemical composition stays the same.

I did not even have to dumb down the timing and it runs just fine.

I do run some leaded 110 every now and then to keep things lubricated.

Cudaspaz, Got any new photos of your notch? I haven't seen a new photo since the car show ones. I need a fix!!!! toolmanmike

-
Back