Fiberglass parts

-

dartdog74

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on VFN fiberglass. I want purchase their fiberglass hood for my dart. Has anyone bought any product from them if so how are they.

When I talked to them about my hood for the dart, I was looking at getting a Hemi scoop hood, However, they only do the hood separate and the scoops separate. Unless I misunderstood

When I talked to them about my hood for the dart, I was looking at getting a Hemi scoop hood, However, they only do the hood separate and the scoops separate. Unless I misunderstood
Thanks I am looking at the flat pin on hood for 495.

I was looking at buying from Unlimited until I saw they wanted 1 meeelion dollars for shipping lol. Let us know how it is if ya go with them.

the hood, fenders, scoop and front bumper on my wagon, all came from VFN. nice stuff. we drove up and got it. they did some doors for my buddies 68 cuds fb and delivered them to ich swap meet back in march. good stuff. my front end, after removing the hood, we made into a 1 pc lift off front end. but it can still be taken apart if needed. might see what swap meets they are going to attend yet this year and see if they will bring it with them to 1 close to you.

20190316_100021 (2).jpg

I bought a fiberglass trunk lid for my 67 Cuda fastback over the winter from Glasstek. It fits perfectly, and all of the contours follow the body lines correctly.

VFN, stinger and a few others are closed/closing and not taking orders.

I got my hood from Larry at Sled City

Someone either here or on the B side bought a $1200 hood, damaged in shipment from slipshod packaging. Seems nobody could or would make it right. Poster was not happy. Maybe a search.....
Edit: it was here, by Righty Tighty. AAR/Stinger hood.

Last edited:
Bought a bolt on hood (6 pack style) from AAR back in 2008.....worst hood I've ever seen...horrible fitment...not enough adjustment....warped edges....Holy ****...that's just the start....underneath looks beautiful...that's the only good part....horrible hood...pure junk....

Resized_20230814_152309.jpeg

20230811_202752.jpg

Glasstek is know for much better quality than VFN products. I build my own fiberglass and carbon fiber parts, so I haven't bought anything for years. The last fiberglass parts I bought came from Hairy's Glass.

Tom

Someone either here or on the B side bought a $1200 hood, damaged in shipment from slipshod packaging. Seems nobody could or would make it right. Poster was not happy. Maybe a search.....
Edit: it was here, by Righty Tighty. AAR/Stinger hood.
Last I heard about Stinger was that they sold their property and needed to be out with little notice, so they were looking to sell their business. Buddy of mine talked to them on the phone and they said if they couldn't sell, they might scale down and move into a smaller facility.

I'm lucky in that Unlimited is (figuratively speaking) right down the street, if I want something I can pick it up and inspect it, don't pay shipping.
I'm unlucky, in that they don't make anything for the two cars I would buy glass for.
Sled city is the only place I know of that does 62 Plymouth stuff, and I haven't found anybody (in the U.S. anyway) that does Opel GT parts.

the hood, fenders, scoop and front bumper on my wagon, all came from VFN. nice stuff. we drove up and got it. they did some doors for my buddies 68 cuds fb and delivered them to ich swap meet back in march. good stuff. my front end, after removing the hood, we made into a 1 pc lift off front end. but it can still be taken apart if needed. might see what swap meets they are going to attend yet this year and see if they will bring it with them to 1 close to you.

View attachment 1716128756
Thanks for the feedback cool ride.

When did vfn close?
I called around looking for glass for my charger build. They said no longer taking orders. I believe VFN is affiliated with the others that closed. Best to try and call. A friend was looking for Daytona stuff and Stinger wouldn't take orders, but someone here said maybe still alive. I'd go straight to the sources.

Just got off phone with vfn. THEY ARE NOT CLOSED. But the will not be attending any shows. Lady was really cool when I told her some thought they were closed. But they ain't.

I called around looking for glass for my charger build. They said no longer taking orders. I believe VFN is affiliated with the others that closed. Best to try and call. A friend was looking for Daytona stuff and Stinger wouldn't take orders, but someone here said maybe still alive. I'd go straight to the sources.
Thanks for the heads up.

-
Back