Final Wiring on 69 Dart .Can you guys confirm this for Choke

-

SB69GTS

Reaction score
Final step in rewiring entire car .... can someone confirm this relay setup for a Choke. Please dont give me any other ways as I want to run a relay and want the choke dead in acc. and not heating up. Cannot do the oil pressure set up. Thanks guys

Alternator to Choke Wiring.jpg

Alternator to Choke Wiring.jpg

Does it matter which 87 tab on the relay I use and would it be better to run a separate blue wire from the relay to the alternator or just splice into the existing wire. Oh and thanks for the quick reply 67Dart273

Yes which 87 matters. 30 is common to either 87 or 87a when relay is in one of 2 states, energized or not energized ( and I can never recall which is which. Refer to relay schematics ).
The current required to energize the relay isn't a substantial additional load on the blue switched hot, but at the same time... That switched blue was barely adequate for the OEM load in a 69 model.
If you're adding electronic ignition, etc... you should consider a relay in that current path. Thus less current drawn through that 69 ignition switch.

If it's a dual 87, doesn't matter.

If it's an 87a and 87, you need to put it on the 87 terminal.

Ok thanks alot guys ...wiring is finally done on the dart ...moving on to the door glass and carpeting and seats and she will be done.
I did go exhange the 5-wire to a 4 wire relay and got her wired up. Did the following...
30 - Power from alternator ...Large stud
85 - Spiced to blue feed from alternator
86 - Ground
87 - Choke positive wire
Mounted relay on engine bay firewall to right of wiper motor

-
Back