Finally...10!!! Thanks 408StrokerDart!

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
Well, it finally happened. This squirrel finally found his nut. The Cuda went 10.92@120 last night at Dallas Raceway. My friend Brian Smith helped me immensely. Here is the combo
68 Notch Street car, full interior, w/6 point rollbar.
10.8:1 Forged internals
SDSS Stage 2 port Eddies
Stock Block Magnum
M1 portend intake
Bullet Roller [email protected] .565 Lift
Roller Crane Rockers
MSD 6AL
Ultimate 4000 Converter
4.11 8-3/4
SS Springs
Hoosier QTP Radials

Wow that's great, you have a ten second car now! What was the launch like? 60 foot time? These stroker motors seem to be the way to go.

Wow that's great, you have a ten second car now! What was the launch like? 60 foot time? These stroker motors seem to be the way to go.

Got the '60ft down to 1.52. They said I got 2 inches of air under both front wheels!:cheers: My friend Brian said that it would have a little more if I adjust the torsion bars up about 3/4 of an inch. We marked the rear tires with shoe polish, and even with the stellar launch, they said the tires are still spinning. The track prep was horrible as this was a test and tune night. I could feel the rear wheels still spinning.

Congrats on the 10!!!I,m still in search of my 10,but am sitting borderline right now.I,m hoping the cooler weather and some new slicks will help my conquer the 10.What were your 60fts?:cheers:

Congrats on the 10!!!I,m still in search of my 10,but am sitting borderline right now.I,m hoping the cooler weather and some new slicks will help my conquer the 10.What were your 60fts?:cheers:
Thank you sir. My '60ft got down to 1.52. The cooler temps will definetely help you. Track prep is also important once you get to making power. I have learned that suspension and basic car setup becomes critical to breaking the 10 second barrier. Also, your pump cam/squirter setup in relation to how well it works with your converter and suspension. For instance, my car being a foot brake car, does not want to be launched at more than 1500 RPM. The higher I launched it, the less the converter would "Flash", hence hurting my '60'ft's.

Yep,I,m in the same boat(foot braking)and launching around 1500-2000rpm.I have a 4500 stall,with my 60fts being 1.56.I have some new Hoosier 29-12-15,s that should fill the back of the 66 Dart.The cooler weather is sure to help.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=70
Nice car bud. I noticed your car is leaving like mine was. I had to relax the front end(6 cylinder torsion bars, CE drag shocks) to get the front end to rise more. Also, my Hoosier QTP's don't like a bunch of heat. Also check your pump cam/squirter setup. Mine is still too aggressive as it hits the tires too hard on an unprepped track. You will get your 10's soon. Good luck!

That's SWEEEET!!! So what size pump cam and squirter did you go with? That was with your Quick fuel 950 right?

Way to go ! It is cool when someone hit a number they are shooting for. Makes all of the hard work and time well worth it:)

Never thought about launching mine a 1500. I am going to try that next time out. I was launching @ 2200 my best last weekend was a 1.78 60' I thought about just stabbing mine off idle but, I didnt try it . was kinda nerved up I had not been to the track in 2 years.

Wow....10's is for sure something to be proud of!!! I so wish one day my car will run 10's...:)

Congrats on hitting the 10s!

Those are some great times, each time you hit a goal like that. Hitting the 11s, then the 10s, winning the $$$. They make it worth all the hard work and investment.

That's SWEEEET!!! So what size pump cam and squirter did you go with? That was with your Quick fuel 950 right?
Hey Flyfish! I've been looking for your posts recently. You and I have the same car, just different colors, and our engine combo's are VERY similar. I put a 50cc squirter on the primary, and used the brown pump cam. I also went down in the primary squirter from .031 to a .028. Square jetted to 88's in all for corners, plugged PV. Yes this is the QF950 DP. I also learned that my car does not like to leave at higher RPM's. It likes to leave at 1500 RPM. Tried several different timing combo's and found that 34 degrees is optimal. One thing that my car needs and I'm about to install is a crankcase evac, as I sling oil in the engine compartment everytime I run. I have no PCV set up either.

Thanks again guys for the kudo's, you all will hit your 10's, it just takes patience. In my case it was also a very good friend that also happens to know his stuff.

Hey Flyfish! I've been looking for your posts recently. You and I have the same car, just different colors, and our engine combo's are VERY similar. I put a 50cc squirter on the primary, and used the brown pump cam. I also went down in the primary squirter from .031 to a .028. Square jetted to 88's in all for corners, plugged PV. Yes this is the QF950 DP. I also learned that my car does not like to leave at higher RPM's. It likes to leave at 1500 RPM. Tried several different timing combo's and found that 34 degrees is optimal. One thing that my car needs and I'm about to install is a crankcase evac, as I sling oil in the engine compartment everytime I run. I have no PCV set up either.

Thanks again guys for the kudo's, you all will hit your 10's, it just takes patience. In my case it was also a very good friend that also happens to know his stuff.

Hey 69Chrgr, I’ve been watching for your posts as well…too funny! Remember WAY back I wanted to get a Victor intake and a 950 carb (to replace my Aig-gap and 750dp)….well; I had a deal with a guy to trade my nitrous system for his 950hp carb, but it never came to fruition. I did however get a Victor intake this summer, but unfortunately my combo didn’t like it. It slowed the car down close to a tenth (most of the ET was lost in the 60’ time), so I’m going to put my Air-gap back on next week.

What was your 1/8 mile time and MPH? I ask because I haven’t gotten an “official” 10 second time slip yet, just a 6.93 @ 98mph in the 1/8 mile. The only time I ran ¼ mile (besides index racing) it went 11.02 @ 121mph and the 1/8 mile time on that run was a 6.99 @ 97.6mph….so I know it is a 10 second car, but I don’t have the “official” time slip to prove it.

Congrats again man! It’s a great feeling when you hit a major goal like that. :toothy10:

Hey 69Chrgr, I’ve been watching for your posts as well…too funny! Remember WAY back I wanted to get a Victor intake and a 950 carb (to replace my Aig-gap and 750dp)….well; I had a deal with a guy to trade my nitrous system for his 950hp carb, but it never came to fruition. I did however get a Victor intake this summer, but unfortunately my combo didn’t like it. It slowed the car down close to a tenth (most of the ET was lost in the 60’ time), so I’m going to put my Air-gap back on next week.

What was your 1/8 mile time and MPH? I ask because I haven’t gotten an “official” 10 second time slip yet, just a 6.93 @ 98mph in the 1/8 mile. The only time I ran ¼ mile (besides index racing) it went 11.02 @ 121mph and the 1/8 mile time on that run was a 6.99 @ 97.6mph….so I know it is a 10 second car, but I don’t have the “official” time slip to prove it.

Congrats again man! It’s a great feeling when you hit a major goal like that. :toothy10:
Flyfish, the 1/8th mile was 6.91@99. Yes, had you been on a quartermile track, you'd hit your 10 second mark. I read your posts over at Moparts about the intake, I'm a little surprised at the Victor. You need that 950 also. I'm running a Mopar M-1(High Rise) intake port matched to the heads with a Wilson 2 inch 4 hole into one spacer. I'm about to install a header crankcase evac system as I still get oil slung around after each run.

One more question Flyfish, I have a full interior car, with a 2 inch 6 point rollbar, so what would be your guess on the weight of my car? Have you weighed yours? Is it full interior?

Well, it finally happened. This squirrel finally found his nut. The Cuda went 10.92@120 last night at Dallas Raceway. My friend Brian Smith helped me immensely. Here is the combo
68 Notch Street car, full interior, w/6 point rollbar.
10.8:1 Forged internals
SDSS Stage 2 port Eddies
Stock Block Magnum
M1 portend intake
Bullet Roller [email protected] .565 Lift
Roller Crane Rockers
MSD 6AL
Ultimate 4000 Converter
4.11 8-3/4
SS Springs
Hoosier QTP Radials

What kind of power does the motor make if u dont mine sharing. Also ru runnin cal tracs or just ss springs with a snubber

I wish I knew what kind of power it's making. Never dynoed it, just built it. It's a full interior street car. When I say street, I mean drive it around town, on backroads but I don't get out on the interstate however with the 4.11's and a 998. It's also a SS leaf spring car with CE drag shocks on all 4 corners.

One more question Flyfish, I have a full interior car, with a 2 inch 6 point rollbar, so what would be your guess on the weight of my car? Have you weighed yours? Is it full interior?

The last time I weighed my car was when I live in Colorado… probably about 4 years ago. At that time the car was all steel with a 6 point cage, sub frame connectors, 4 wheel disc brakes. It had a full interior minus front passenger seat, carpet, and wiper motor (driver seat is a fiberglass bucket); it was 3250 with me in it…3075 w/o me. Not sure on the weight of yours, but maybe this will help give you a ball park.

My car is lighter now than it was...I added a fiberglass hood, and I remove the front bumper when I race (33lbs off the nose for the bumper). I’m going to try to do some lightening this winter.

Takes me awhile to catch up to some of these posts...Congratulations!! A good combination working well! It does help to have good friends that know thier stuff too...

Thanks again for all of the kind words and support from everyone. I wish Brian would post some pic's of his Dart, it's beautiful and fast! Show AND Go. 800 horse NA small block, goes 9.30's@146. I love to go to the track with him, and watch the Chevy boys come by and look for the nitrous solenoids or the Big Block engine. I need him to post over here and post some pic's. He's a good ole' Ohio boy that had to show this Texan how to tune a Mopar. Lol.:read2:

Congrats 69Chrgr on hitting 10's, that is awesome.

Flyfish if your car hit 11.02 at Bandimere it is easily a 10 second car.

Thanks roosduster. I agree about Flyfish, because he and I have darn near the same car. His is a '67 and mine is a '68. I believe Flyfish has an LA and I have a Magnum. Both strokers with Stage 2 SDSS Eddy heads. I think Flyfish has a solid cam, not sure, I'll let him chime in more on his combo. But he definitely has a 10 second ride, and he will get it.

The 11.02 was down in Indiana with the current motor. I moved here (Indiana) 3 years ago with my job. Here is the current combo:

1971 360 block, 410 ci, pump gas, 10.8:1 compression
Eagle 4.00 steel crank, Scat I-beams, Diamond pistons, total seal rings (file fit),
ARP main/head studs, Edelbrock heads stage II ported by Ryan J @ Shadydell,
Small solid roller 248/254 duration w/ .576/.582 lift, Airgap,
Proform 750 dp (soon to be replaced w/ 950 dp or 1050 dom),
4.10 gears, spool, 35 spline axles, pinion snubber, drag shocks front and rear
727, manual valve body, 8” converter, 28x11.5 Hoosier QTP
3250 lbs, street trim and with 3 inch Flowmasters.

My old 360 w/ 180 shot nitrous ran 11.12 in Colorado, but I prefer to run the car NA now. I’m selling all my nitrous stuff to buy a new carb.

-
Back