Finally getting an early A-Body

-
I did some research in this thread and found where we discusted re-inforcing the K-frame, I think it will be fine. Whats your opinion guys? Also how much clearance do I need for the oil pan, I am wanting to gusset the k-frame.

k frame 2010.jpg

I,m with fstfsh66,I,d just box it in and you should be good to go.Glad to see you back with us Tony and moving forward with the Cuda.

so strong enough without gussetts, cool. Makes my job alot easier, lined a welder up for this weekend, then it shouldn't be long to have her back on her wheels if I find some that is, been none for sale for a while. Time for a check on BBdart.

I found a tinted rear window anngs are looking ud a set of 14" stock wheels and hubcaps so things are looking up around here! Next I am looking for an a/c unit complete, I would like to go stock but that will be hard to find. There was a member that had one for me, badart I thing butt he hasn't been around for a long time.

rear window 66 cuda.jpg

Comical. Now you have two. You still have the one out of your car setting up on the glass rack in my shop. It's in perfect shape.....and tinted. Puzzeled.
Small Block

Floor is a little muddy lately! HeHeHe! I got the springs cleaned up yesterday and they are ready for paint. Hoping to have the suspension back on her by sunday.

my garage.jpg

I think it is awesome you found your car in Miss. That is where I went to pick up my 65'. It was just south of Memphis in a town called Ripley. Only things done thus far is almost a complete electrical replace. Car is completely stock. Sad part is,,,,with health issues on the rise may have to part with it. Trying hard to bite the bullet and hang on to it. If I can sell my Jeep then it will stay. If not then it goes on the block. Keep ya posted.

Hang in there DixieCuda, I went through a stroke and the extreme costs of that without insurance. they are happy with any effort of pay. They really don't want to distroy your life but if you don't get them something they surely will. I have made it and I know you can, good luck.

It did finally cool down to the mid 80's, after 100's it is nice, so I am back to work on my car. I got the rear springs cleaned up and put back together and detailed my rear end. I have my front end in the shop getting welded up so she may be back on her wheels soon. Then she is off to a friends shop to put the engine in, I can't wait.

I bought a kit from the dealer for mine,it came with 2 different sizes for the front and numerous small ones for the rear(which I sold 8 extras already)Let me look to see what I have left?

Very cool Petty, i was thinking of coil spring shocks for the rear, and a sway bar. That will be my next investment, what are you guys running on yours?

I'm going with roseville bushings, they look like good qaulity parts. When my old laptop cookied I lost my contacts, I did know of a company that made adjustable upper a arms for my 66, anybody know who that may be?

I'm going with roseville bushings, they look like good qaulity parts. When my old laptop cookied I lost my contacts, I did know of a company that made adjustable upper a arms for my 66, anybody know who that may be?
I just ordered adjustable UCA(tubular)from RMS(O,Reilly)also adjustable strut rods.I have some stock strut rods with new bushings if your interested Tony?PM me.

Ya, thats what I am looking for but there was a racing outfit somewere that sold them a little cheaper and they also sold reinforcing plates for the bottom of the LCA to make it stronger. I like those adjustable shocks they sell at RMS also, very cool. I am needing front and rear sway bars also.

You meaning adding the adjustable suspension Hotlines, I hope it helps the car corner too.

Keep us in mind for sway bars for your early A-Body. We have a 1-1/4" tubular front and a 3/4" adjustable rear sway bar that will transform the way the car handles. Below is a pic of our new tubular front sway bar for the early a-bodies.

389434891.jpg

Thanks I will, I like the compactness of your bar. It does hook to the side ot the LCA or on the flange of it like stock?

-
Back