Finally getting an early A-Body

-
I am very happy to see you and your crew are moving right along Vic.
Do you have a list of parts you will need to finish that great 66 up?

And for the record the man sitting eating some great treats sure know's how to make our taste buds go YUMMMM. Thanks Bill the supply sure was enjoyed bay many here.=P~

Well, I thought "Just Paint it" shouldn't be too bad right, I forgot one little detail. Changing colors requires 5 times the work and then there is a few little rust issues to fix. There is no easy pain job, just let me tell you this I know.
He's the greatest heh Memike, hey I have your personal sanding block ready for ya!!
So back to the grindstone, I had to work today but the crew was busy sanding. The outer body is pretty much ready for primer and all the fenders. they also got to the hood & trunk lid. I am getting pumped up now!

HPIM3170.JPG

HPIM3171.JPG

HPIM3162.JPG

I will be stuck on the hill till after the first of the month, But then I am thinking its time to make an early morning trip as soon as the 3rd comes around so I can get in on the fun. Looking great Vic, I met the fellow working on the drivers side fender. Looks like he is getting it. say hello for me.

Thats the brother in law and a great worker. He'll be back the first of the week for more attack sanding!!!

Looking good Vic!! That dust looks like its been flying around there pretty good lately. Wont be long until primer and then paint start getting sprayed!!

No all we have left is the undercarriage. I want to clean it up so I can get under there and install the frame stiffeners. Are all you guys going with stock wheel wells in the rear?

I stayed stock for now Vic. Next winters projects will be removing the undercoating and maybe something with the wheel wells. Glad you made it back from your "excellent adventure" safe and sound!!

Thanks BD, it was surely that. I can't wait to get out to work on my car but now my pipes are froze, 3 degrees here today. Winter is tough on car guys!

Winter? What is that? LOL... I decided to go ahead and mini tub my dart with a ladderbar setup.. Chassis guy is going to go ahead and put a chute mount and all back there while he is doing it... I am not going to use the stock wheel wells as I want the tire under and up in the car... Gonna be low...

Cool Boosted, kept her low to hook up better, I am more interested in making a road car than a straight liner but I still want to have some good rubber under her.

I did manage to get some grinding in today and finish the welding and actually got some putty down to start smoothing it out. I am thinking that the inner fenders are going to look okay, I am trying hard anyway. I am wanting to get it ready so we can do all the primering together I am hoping.

inner fender getting putty.jpg

These are a couple pics to show my tail lights, Fstfish66 has a better set I believe but I do love those B'cuda center lenses. Unfortunately those are not in good condition. I did get some sanding and more putty down, the wife finished the rockers and door jams today. I will be getting pumped when the primer starts to fly.

66 tail lights.jpg

66 tail lights #2.jpg

tony some pics of some lenses i may still have the uppers are better then yours,,one has a dimple but usable

66 lenses 014.jpg

66 lenses 015.jpg

66 lenses 013.jpg

66 valiant lenses 001.jpg

tony some pics of a left side i have,lenses not as good up close,but i have a better upper lens

new junk for sale 012.jpg

new junk for sale 011.jpg

new junk for sale 010.jpg

new junk for sale 009.jpg

new junk for sale 008.jpg

ok,let me know which left you would want,,and ill see if i have pics of the other upper lens i have,,

Thanks fstfish66, you have been a great help to me. I managed to get the inner fenders done and ready for primer. Soo, it was time to start with the floors, I did mange to get the drivers floor all cut out and ready for reconstruction. Now I just need to go pick some money off of the money tree and get some floor pans coming. I have good enough steel but no groove roller or I would build my own. Heck I am still tempted but Small Blk would have a conniption fit if I don't go stock! What do you guys think?

004.JPG

008.JPG

if you have good enough sheet metal,,go for it your not building a concourse restoration,,,get your project under way, you are moving at a great pace hate to see you slow down now,, pleant of early A cars repaired with out correct flor pans just my 2 cents,,

Great point Fish, I will not be doing this car in a stock fashion anyway so what would be the point of spending all that mu-la when it can go to better things. I still need to make some kind of reinforcing groove in the floor. I was thinking of hammering a groove in the piece on a vice. Anyone out here do thier own metal fab?

I had some more forward motion, windshield is out now and I found a little rust in the corners but I can fix it. Worked on the dash and the insert is out along with the column so it is ready for fixing. My dash insert is rough, do you guys have any pics of good ones so I can see how they are suppose to look? thanks.

004.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

it should be argent silver and trimmed in black,,,ill look in my files for a pic of my dash,, the rust in the lowere winshield corners is typical,, if you buy a new wind shiled gasket,, be careful there are 2 makers,,one doesnt fit,,

i can get you the manufractures name,,but you can get the correct gasket thru laysons,,i just got one a few weeks ago from them,,,measured it up against my orignal one,, its perfect,,unlike the current one in my car,,which was a replacement i bought from mopar back in 1979
laysons is the cheapest ive found,,i see them on e bay for 50/60 bucks higher,,,,normal price at laysons is 108.00if i remember correctly,,i got it on sale,,was 108 shipped,

I was able to save the windshield gasket but I haven't softened it up yet. I will be needing a back window gasket though so I will be needing that addy, thanks.

the front inner fenders are done and I got the two connecting fender pieces off and one done but the other one(pass side) is too bad for me to fix, the whole round raised part that holds the bottom of the fender is completely gone. I will be needing this part if anybuddy has one laying around.

pass fender insert shot.jpg

Vic, heres a picture of the dash in Wendy's 66. The insturment bezel and the glovebox trim came from Mr. G's about 5 years ago. Still shines like new, although I got them when he was still coming to the Mopar Nationals and I did not need to ship anything. I know nowadays the entire package is $500.00 or so, but back then it was a little cheaper. It is considered correct, but for that $$$ it should be. In the end it was just easier for me to remove and replace everything, bing bang boom, and have it as correct as possible. You may see it all different, but I wanted to shoot you a pic for reference anyway. Keep up the good work on the 66, I can't wait to see it ready and running. Geof

dashcrop.jpg

Thanks for the pic cosgig that is a beautiful dash, I know what it is suppose to look like now. I have my work cut out for me. I would like to know more about that vinyl chrome stuff.

-
Back