Finally getting an early A-Body

-
:rock:God bless you Ron :blob: You sure have been a saint for allot of members here.
I wish I could have been there to see him open up the box with the late 66 emblemed grill :-D You are amazing and fit right up on the top shelf with allot of other great members here.:thumleft:

It feels as great as it sounds! I never thought I would be this happy to just be working again but I am for several reasons especially with so many not working.

How are you feeling Tony?Better I hope!Are you getting back to work on your car?We need more pics. of progress.

Doing great Prettybluedart, thanks for asking. I have only been to work for 2 weeks but starting to feel good again. No residual effects yet thank god, I was a very lucky man.
Small Block and I have been working on our 74 gold duster we bought, I pulled the motor and completely detailed it and small Block has painted the engine bay so it will be going together soon. Then I can go back to work on my baby, I an dying now that I feel good enough to work on her.

I feel your pain Vic! That was for sure a MAJOR scare you had and we were all worried. Im just glad that you are getting back to your old self and soon it will be time to start turning some wrenchs on that 66 fish! My original goal was to have mine road worthy for Carlisle but with those bumps in the road I had I should be done sometime in June at the latest. As long as Im able to get out to MMW so we can get our "Early-A Gang" all together Ill be a happy camper!! Dont push yourself too hard my friend, and you know not to hesitate to ask if theres anything I can do to help!!

Doing great Prettybluedart, thanks for asking. I have only been to work for 2 weeks but starting to feel good again. No residual effects yet thank god, I was a very lucky man.
Small Block and I have been working on our 74 gold duster we bought, I pulled the motor and completely detailed it and small Block has painted the engine bay so it will be going together soon. Then I can go back to work on my baby, I an dying now that I feel good enough to work on her.
Glad to hear your back at it!Like Badawg says,don,t over do it!I myself am doing what you and Smallblock just finished.I have a fresh rebuilt 360 and fresh 904 going in the 66 Dart,I,ll be getting the sand blaster out to clean things up while the 6 is out.Carry on!!

I am excited to see the pics of your conveersion Prettyblue, having done a couple there is nothing more exciting than hearing those open headers for the first time.

Guys, keep your eyes out for a shift boot and ring for my car. I know they are out there, I have heard there where 4spd consoles which I have not seen. Anybody have one in thier car?

Here you go Vic. Don't mind that dash... it is a replacement for the original that had too many hoes in it from mounting gauges. It is a test fit here.

dump 029.jpg

Hey WTF?It,s Petty not Pretty!LOL!I got my 66 freshened up under hood.Turned out not bad for a quicky!

re and re of 66 Dart 007.jpg

Hey WTF?It,s Petty not Pretty!LOL!I got my 66 freshened up under hood.Turned out not bad for a quicky!

Hey, that's a PRETTY blue you're painting that ride.... Oops, sorry, couldn't help myself. Incoming F-bombs... DUCK!!! And their all painted PETTY blue!!! Geof

HaHaHa!! Sorry Petty! Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! If I had my glasses I could hear you better!
Your car is looking awesome, and the engine compartment turned out very pristine, nicely done.

Gee thanks for the help cosgig!! LOL!! Stir the pot!! Good to see you around again. How is the wifes car doing? I love that blue.

That is a really cool console outsider, is that the same in a cuda? How much do those babys go for?

HaHaHa!! Sorry Petty! Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! If I had my glasses I could hear you better!
Your car is looking awesome, and the engine compartment turned out very pristine, nicely done.

Gee thanks for the help cosgig!! LOL!! Stir the pot!! Good to see you around again. How is the wifes car doing? I love that blue.

That is a really cool console outsider, is that the same in a cuda? How much do those babys go for?

Hey Tony, good to chime in on this post, and even better to hear that you're feeling better and are back to work. I'm sorry for the tomfoolery, but I couldn't help myself!!! Now, the wife's car is not out of mothballs yet what with the freak storm we had last night, 6 inches of spring snow!!! Now, if I lived in the hotbed of A body comraderie down in your neck of the woods, I'd have you, smallblock and memike over to help, lay out some venison and brews and we'd have her out doing burnouts in the driveway in double time!!! Oh, and if you're coming, can you pick up Badawg too, I'd love to meet him also!!! LOL!!! I'm glad to hear you are feeling up to continuing on the 66, it's always a pleasure to get an update on your progress. It's almost like i'm there too!!! Keep up the good work and say hi to the fellas when you see them from ol' cosgig!! Geof

Snow, thats crazy isn't it? Between the economy and the weather I haven't had a full week since I was sick. That is killing me, cuts deep into my parts buying! I still owe for my pedals and I have a taillight in waiting before I can go on buying. I am hoping that this breaks soon and we can go to work. Done ranting, here is a pic of my pedals.

My new pedals.jpg

Hey, that's a PRETTY blue you're painting that ride.... Oops, sorry, couldn't help myself. Incoming F-bombs... DUCK!!! And their all painted PETTY blue!!! Geof
Cosgig,it,s not pettyblue(colour)this is on the 66 Dart,not the 73 Dart Sport(PettyBlu)I tried to match the outside colour I think is B5?It,s a 66 light blue??Rattle canned it!

Same as Barracuda. Honestly I've seen them all over the map as far as price goes. From a couple hundred to one, that D'agostino guy (or whatever his name is...) tried to sell for 800 bucks on EGAG . They turn up at reasonable prices often...just bide your time.

Cosgig,it,s not pettyblue(colour)this is on the 66 Dart,not the 73 Dart Sport(PettyBlu)I tried to match the outside colour I think is B5?It,s a 66 light blue??Rattle canned it!

Hey pettyblue, ol' cosgig knows that ain't Petty blue, but he couldn't help but fire off a comment to rattle the chains a little. It ain't the first time my mouth has gotten me into trouble!!LOL!!! Anyway you look at it, it's a sweet looking engine bay, and the best part about it is that it's done and ready for the monster mill to come home!!! Keep up the good work all, I love to see progress at it's finest!!! Geof

Hey pettyblue, ol' cosgig knows that ain't Petty blue, but he couldn't help but fire off a comment to rattle the chains a little. It ain't the first time my mouth has gotten me into trouble!!LOL!!! Anyway you look at it, it's a sweet looking engine bay, and the best part about it is that it's done and ready for the monster mill to come home!!! Keep up the good work all, I love to see progress at it's finest!!! Geof
No biggie,this quit smoking thing makes for easy snappage!The slightest little things are setting me off!I should be over it in about a week?:clock:

Hang in there petty, the first week is the worst, I do love your color. My car was that color according to the fender tag, very cool huh?

Now that is a beautifull blue also Memike, where did you take that pic?

Great lookin' Valliant Memike. I saved those photos along with yours. I need to open up a Valliant file for all those great photos I've been collecting. toolman

I have a blue like what that 66 has but this would be the third blue car and the wife says "I will be Bllue, Black &Blue!" if I don't paint the fish a different color so thats why I am looking at black.

-
Back