Finally going back to track after engine upgrade.

-

moparmanestock

Reaction score
Well it has been about a year now, but finally going to get out to Wild Horse tomorrow night. I upgraded the heads and cam. Was only supposed to take a month or two but life puts up roadblocks. So with parts delays and a divorce, not car related, finally hope to get good results.
The upgrade is a set of RHS IndyXs prepped by Brian at IMM, thanks Brian, you did an awesome job on them. The cam is now Comp Mutha Thumpr hyd roller with Hughes 1.6 rockers. Car sounds much crisper now. New lift specs are approximately .570/.555" 243/257 at .050". The compression is also up from around 9:1 to 10.3:1. The old setup is in the 11 second car forum. I am optimistic.

"tomorrow night" was "last night"..... and it hasn't been scalding hot yet! Any results???

"tomorrow night" was "last night"..... and it hasn't been scalding hot yet! Any results???
I went. Made 2 passes. There was a wreck between my runs, a Mazda flipped at half track and shut us down for 90 minutes or so. The second pass was still a light one, shifted at 6000. Car ran 11.35 at 117. The car smoked because the back of the intake is leaking oil. Once fixed, I expect with tuning to get in the 11 teens easy enough.

Sound like progress. Sucks about the oil leak and the rubber side up Mazda... was it a fast mazda?

nice night then! ....unless of course you were a Mazda owner. That would suck.

Like the old saying "If it has Tits or tires, it's going to give you trouble"... Glad your back out there... :)

-
Back