Finally got a work shop.

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Finally after all these years I got a work shop yesterday. Its not a garage but it's better than what I had. And better than paying rent for storage. I got a metal sides 12x16 building. I've started moving all my parts and stuff in it already. I've built some shelves and started organizing. Im gonna be getting rid of alot of stuff too. I've found alot of parts I no longer need so I will be posting them for sale on here. Hopefully this will be the motivation I needed to get back to work on the dart.

20220901_170628.jpg

20220901_171249.jpg

20220901_171257.jpg

20220901_171259.jpg

Very nice, Kevin! Congratulations! The dog knows it's cool!

Bench space is always a premium... A nice solid workbench with a vice is always a great place to do a lot of work... Congratulations on your new asset... It looks like the inspector approved...

Bench space is always a premium... A nice solid workbench with a vice is always a great place to do a lot of work... Congratulations on your new asset... It looks like the inspector approved...
Yea im gonna work on that tomorrow. I got some lumber and plywood im gonna make a trip to hf for some pegboard.

Yea im gonna work on that tomorrow. I got some lumber and plywood im gonna make a trip to hf for some pegboard.

A suggestion... A buddy of mine who's had a lil building like that for years built a tilt up work bench in his shop... When he's not using it he can tilt it up & a couple latches keep it out of the way.... Some people use their bench constantly & wouldn't like a tilting bench but thing it for lots of guys the bench becomes a catch all & to use the bench ya gotta clear a space... Tilting it up re-trains you to put stuff somewhere besides the work bench..

A suggestion... A buddy of mine who's had a lil building like that for years built a tilt up work bench in his shop... When he's not using it he can tilt it up & a couple latches keep it out of the way.... Some people use their bench constantly & wouldn't like a tilting bench but thing it for lots of guys the bench becomes a catch all & to use the bench ya gotta clear a space... Tilting it up re-trains you to put stuff somewhere besides the work bench..
Thats a good idea.
It will not be large enough LOLOL
I know right! I got the biggest i could afford. I actually deleted the windows and garage door just to get bigger.

Thats a good idea.

I know right! I got the biggest i could afford. I actually deleted the windows and garage door just to get bigger.
I used to roll all over Florida blowing out buildings...... pretty easy to drive the wheels off a work truck. I had one catch on fire doing it. Ran in a convenience store, asked the "proprietor" if he had a fire extinguisher, he yelled no, I saw one on the wall and grabbed it, and put out the fire that was on the injector rails.... then returned it inside

Nice building. I have a 12x27 and it's to small, has a concrete floor. I use it for my yard equipment and my quad runner. I really wish that I went 24 plus feet wide.

**** no!, My 24x30 garage is too damn small!
I don't know from experience but the guy's that I've talked to about garages all say that a 30x50 is pretty much the size for the average car person. Myself, I probably could get by 28x32 with having the other building for my yard equipment and the garage attached to the house has a floor of 24x24 for my truck and the wife's car.

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys, more toys means more room.

Congrats, man. I remember my first garage and the day I got it.

R U planning to run electricity to it? Size depends on what you are doing with it. That is PLENTY big enough to store some stuff and have a nice area to work. You could work on components like fenders, doors, hoods, etc. Nice area to rebuild a carb. Get a small fridge for the beer.

-
Back