Finally got a work shop.

-
That looks great Kevin! You're good at organizing stuff to make the most of your space. I spy a mini fridge under the bench.....so did running the electric from the breaker box under your meter base work out?

I would insulate it, metal buildings sweat bad.

Nice. You going to insulate it? I have a metal shop too, it sweats and it rusted some of the tools that I have hung on the walls
I would insulate it, metal buildings sweat bad.
I do plan on insulating it eventually. I have a couple rolls to start with I just haven't gotten around to putting it in. I probably should have went ahead and put it up behind the bench before I built it.

That looks great Kevin! You're good at organizing stuff to make the most of your space. I spy a mini fridge under the bench.....so did running the electric from the breaker box under your meter base work out?
I haven't hooked up the power yet. I'm just running an extension cord for now.

I framed mine by myself it took a while but glad its done. People don't believe one man can stick frame an 8/12 roof by himself... :thumbsup:
Yeah Man ! That place is great man! Excellent Job! Hopefully you get many years of convenience and enjoyment out of it! And, yes,You can conventionally frame an 8/12 single handed. But depending on many different variables, it sure would be sweet to have a Lull, or a forklift, to slam the beam across whatever your span is, perpendicular to the rafters. That being said, the rafters "Should" be easy going, lol.. now, I had some guys that only ran shingles, hire me to frame for a 4 piece truss set on a Chinese Baptist Church (90'W x 160') they about killed with their inexperience several times. My old Partner split due to safety issues. When do people, do everything half-assed, and don't Listen to the Carpenter they Hired? didn't even believe in bracing a Gable when it's 75 ft wide

I do plan on insulating it eventually. I have a couple rolls to start with I just haven't gotten around to putting it in. I probably should have went ahead and put it up behind the bench before I built it.
My brother in law had styrofoam blown on the walls and ceiling of his shed, it was actually cheaper than rolled fiberglass and it's a better insulator

Kevin, I don't see a folding cot for when you're in the doghouse.

Yeah Man ! That place is great man! Excellent Job! Hopefully you get many years of convenience and enjoyment out of it! And, yes,You can conventionally frame an 8/12 single handed. But depending on many different variables, it sure would be sweet to have a Lull, or a forklift, to slam the beam across whatever your span is, perpendicular to the rafters. That being said, the rafters "Should" be easy going, lol.. now, I had some guys that only ran shingles, hire me to frame for a 4 piece truss set on a Chinese Baptist Church (90'W x 160') they about killed with their inexperience several times. My old Partner split due to safety issues. When do people, do everything half-assed, and don't Listen to the Carpenter they Hired? didn't even believe in bracing a Gable when it's 75 ft wide
Yep. I framed for 6 years out of high school and roofed. and yes you pretty much watch everyone around you if they nail something half assed and you are climbing on it it will fail. My neighbor told me "youshould build trusses" he claims to be a carpenter but cant lay out a rafter with a framing square and hes 67 years old LOL!. Anyway I told him "trusses require at least three people to set I can run rafters myself" He was baffled. LOL! I did the calculations used a framed "fork" type brace to set the ridge then drug rafters up and nailed them, then removed the fork brakes. Its doable just requires thought and of course its slower being 1 man LOL!

I would trench to it 2” conduit and 50amp breaker be done with it. 50amp only if you want to put a welder breaker if not just 20amp for lights and couple outlets. Looks really clean and organize.

Yep. I framed for 6 years out of high school and roofed. and yes you pretty much watch everyone around you if they nail something half assed and you are climbing on it it will fail. My neighbor told me "youshould build trusses" he claims to be a carpenter but cant lay out a rafter with a framing square and hes 67 years old LOL!. Anyway I told him "trusses require at least three people to set I can run rafters myself" He was baffled. LOL! I did the calculations used a framed "fork" type brace to set the ridge then drug rafters up and nailed them, then removed the fork brakes. Its doable just requires thought and of course its slower being 1 man LOL!
Kick *** I just still don't understand how you set a ridge, of any weight,by yourself? If you don't mind me asking (just for my own curiosity) what did you use for a ridge beam, and how long was the span? And yes the guy is a carpenter and can't lay out anything using a square knowing what the numbers are and if you don't know the numbers you climb up there with the square and you generate the numbers he probably wasn't much of a carpenter he may have been in production Carpenter ....(like you said, an "Engineered Truss" guy) lol. Kick *** job man beautiful place

Dang man, I missed this somehow. Congratulations! I know you're loving it!

-
Back