Finally, I found insurance for my 70 Dart, that has no restrictions on use

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Safeco Insurance

All the others had restrictions on amount of use, say miles per year, special events

I insured it for 20k,, replacement value. the value of the car to me.

My premium, $228 per year

Thats something worth looking into, I wounder what would happen in the event of a wreck on a dragstrip? That would be a different story I am sure. Thanks for the information

How does the rest of the coverage stack up against "traditional" insurance carriers?

Thats something worth looking into, I wounder what would happen in the event of a wreck on a dragstrip? That would be a different story I am sure. Thanks for the information
In my experience most insurance companies do not provide any coverage for "timed acceleration events", or any other form of sanctioned motorsports.

Safeco Insurance

All the others had restrictions on amount of use, say miles per year, special events

I insured it for 20k,, replacement value. the value of the car to me.

My premium, $228 per year

Is that "Agreed Value" or "replacement value".

Agreed Value can be different.

The moment your tires touch a racetrack of any kind, coverage is automatically suspended.

You can purchase Special Event coverage for a track day or weekend, but the premium is usually a $2,500 minimum and there's a large deductible as well. The deductible is usually 10% of the value of the vehicle.

Not cheap. But putting a car into a wall never is.

No restrictions, as in using it as a daily driver? Sounds too cheap to me. What are your liablity limits? State minimum coverages are usually way too low. As much as I'm concerned about lossing my car, I'm more concerned of someone coming after my other assets (house, savings, etc) if I'm at fault.

No restrictions, as in using it as a daily driver? Sounds too cheap to me. What are your liablity limits? State minimum coverages are usually way too low. As much as I'm concerned about lossing my car, I'm more concerned of someone coming after my other assets (house, savings, etc) if I'm at fault.
See post 8
Agree, I'm insurance rich and cash poor

All the different policies including mine, provide zero coverage everything
Beyond offloading the car off the trailer. as not covered. it seems their definition is if you show up at a race track with a car, be it street or race car your intent is to race, zero coverage.
I liken any coverage for racing to extreme adrenaline producing activities like bunki jumping, 200 mph boat racing and " jumping out of of a perfectly good airplane ".

If you need insurance You need to contact Lloyd's of London, just as a previous guy I worked for spraying for pests in a piston engine helicopter, of all things, he got a policy for each event, sometimes only lasting a few hrs

Last edited:
Edit, my policy just came in

16960857666603435666659427543818.jpg

Mine has a limit but I would have to look it up. Something crazy like 25,000 miles / year. I don't drive that in 10 years. :lol:

-
Back