Finally made the 11s!

-

viperredduster

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3OdVrOV_M"]Duster wit da school bus mota - YouTube[/ame]

11.93 @112 w/ 1.65 60' car has gone 1.54s so I am hoping for 11.80s at Gulfport Dragway during Cruisin the Coast..
Eddy heads ootb
Stock stroke 360
Flat tappet cam

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLLLLL RIGHTY THEN! Good job!

Thank ya man, and excuse the title of the vid my buddy was a little bit.... well in a different state of mind when he uploaded it.

If you get a 1.54 out of it it will likely be in the 11.70 range.

Nice run

BTW, getting better air later in the year will help too...

If you get a 1.54 out of it it will likely be in the 11.70 range.

Nice run

BTW, getting better air later in the year will help too...

Yup that's what I am thinking too, the next time I get it to a 1/4 mile will be the 2nd week of Oct at a sea level track :D.

Needless to say I am excited. I can still remember when I couldn't hardly get into the high 12s with this same engine combo.

Is that the fastest MPH it's run?

It works really good on the front end and doesn't pull through the other end like a car. What's it run in the 1/8, both et and MPH? 1.64 could get you in the low 11.80 range.

Is that the fastest MPH it's run?

It works really good on the front end and doesn't pull through the other end like a car. What's it run in the 1/8, both et and MPH? 1.64 could get you in the low 11.80 range.

Yeah 112 is the fastest. And I think on the 11.93 run it was a 7.5xx @ 90. And it just doesnt pull on the topend.

So what is it that you did that made the car launch better and get quicker if it wasn't in the engine? That was a good run!

So what is it that you did that made the car launch better and get quicker if it wasn't in the engine? That was a good run!

I ran it before it had any chassis mods, just a sticky tire and played with my shift points. I changed shocks, cal tracs, frame connectors, and put a pro brake vb in the 727, battery relocation, solid motor mounts.

Way to go!!! Looking at your mph i would check the jetting you may be a little lean. My cuda runs 1.51 to 1.54s and 122mph with high 10s or low 11s depending on the air. With good air your car should pickup .2 tens for sure.

Thanks guys, and yeah mrtillie I played with them last time but could on change the back ones since I didn't have any small enough for the front. Plus this motor doesn't make but MAYBE 400hp, so I am fairly please would always love to go a little faster, but I think I need more head and cam.

Now I just need some more grunt! I know that after CTC I am gonna have that itch again something serious.

Here's a pretty cool pic that my buddy just sent me from the NATS.
dusta.jpg

SWEET!!!!!! I think ive talked to you over at Moparts about your rear wheel size/backspacing. Can you refresh my memory of what you have and I think your springs are in the stock location???

Sorry its been so long just saw this...

And you probably talked to my dad, he has a 67 coronet and I am pretty sure he is on Moparts. But I am pretty sure the rear wheels are a 5.5 back space on a 10 inch wide rim with a 275/60 MT radial. The springs are moved in just a little with the s shackles and the boxes.

AND update:

The ole Red Dragon ran a best of an 11.71 @ 114 friday night at Gulfport dragway. It is a sea level track and weather was good but I couldnt believe it picked up that much MPH. The 60' on that pass was a 1.60 so it still has a 11.60 in it. I cant believe this mild motor setup has gotten this deep in the 11s.

:prayer: to the stamped steel rockers!!

Looking good. Front suspension seems tight. Rear suspension; no rise. Running any rear springs, etc, other than stock?

Yeah its got mono leafs on the back with cal tracs and calverts front shocks I believe. Here is an the pass I made before the 11.71. It says the time at the end but cant remember what it was on this pass.

v=1951183953448[ame="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1951183953448"]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1951183953448[/ame]

-
Back