Finally onto the dyno

-

71_dart_swinger

Reaction score
its been a while since ive been on here. My dart is going on the dyno on Sunday for nitrous tuning. Figured I'd have a bit of fun and see who of you guess the closest numbers. 71 dart
440 .30 over. 915 heads with ferrea valves. Flat top piston, cam is a Howard's hydraulic roller. .565 lift both sides, 245 255 duration @50. Sanderson 1 7/8 long tube headers 3" bullet style mufflers. eddy single plane torker. Holley 750 4150 street hp. Msd digital 6al2. Msd billet distributor locked out.taylor 10mm wires. NX mainline plate kit with 150hp jets. Aeromotive fuel pressure regulators. Fuel for carb is 1/2" aluminum line, 3/8 return. Nitrous is 3/8 inlet and return NGk plugs. I'll post results and a video on Sunday to see who is the closest. Also I'm located in California where I'll be running the sweet 91 octane:( At sea level in Bakersfield Ca.

Hopefully I can find a carb before hand. A bit bigger. It's my car so I've got high hopes. I'd be pretty happy with a bit closer to 500. I'll be super happy if it gets 500 lol

Hopefully I can find a carb before hand. A bit bigger. It's my car so I've got high hopes. I'd be pretty happy with a bit closer to 500. I'll be super happy if it gets 500 lol
that would really be something - there is a decent drop off from engine to rear wheels - you'd have to be making 600ish at the crank to get 500 at the rear...

how big of one?

Well. The number is in. 440 hp at the wheels. Converter stalls out at 4800 and was running 28x11.50 Hoosiers on dyno. Floated valves at about 6k. I left springs on from the solid cam when I put in Hyd roller. I have springs. Will put them on soon ..

-
Back