Finally revamped my entire fuel system.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Talked with the boys at Aeromotive and yanked my 20x24 RCI cell out of my car and replaced it with their 18665 cell with same dimensions-20 gallon, just did not have mounting tabs welded on the bottom so I fabbed some straps.
I used their 40 micron filter and their X-1 series return regulator.

I ran -08 line up and back and went with Russell push lok synthetic fuel hose and fittings.

The push lok fittings required insane strength especially when installing any fitting on the car.
Luckily I had the khoul tool install apparatus to install them which made them a breeze.

Still need to clean the wiring up a bit in the trunk.
Also need to make some matching vent lines and fuel feed line from regulator to carb.

I bored some holes through the crossmember areas underneath and installed
Grommets to cleanly run the fuel hoses through.
I ran them through the inner fender area in the wheel well and they pop through holes I cut in the fender for the regulator all in an effort to avoid heat from those pesky headers.
Very happy with the set up and the whisper quiet pump.
I can get more pics if anyone interested.

The reason I did this is because I was not running a return regulator and kept burning out already noisy stand alone electric pumps.
Once I burned out my Holley HP-150 I had enough of my Mickey Mouse fuel system.

Last edited:
So the rubber fuel line goes by your front tire in the wheel well? Other than that I like it.

Lookin good buckwheat.

I'm going to hit a salvage yard and grab a charcoal canister for my fuel vent lines and mount it underneath next to the cell cradle so I don't smell vented fuel vapors in the garage.
And just think.....no check engine light if it gets contaminated.

I was thinking more of rocks and road debris getting thrown from the tire hitting it.

Me too that's why I shrouded the lines with two layers of plastic conduit and I'm also building a custom, remove able metal shield to protect them even further.
One good thing is I've got a fuel pump kill switch just in case I ever Spring a leak (that I'm aware of.)

-
Back