Finally starting to work on the car again.

-

moparlee

64 Valiant
Reaction score
Her are some pictures I took last night...........I ought to be shoot for not doing anything to it for the last two years.

Having problems with the fuel lines that I made up with Summit braided lines and swivel fittings. When I first done this I really didn't have to much issues, but...........

I also was needing to show pictures of the driveshaft loop that I got (again that was two or three years ago now)and has you can see the other ones that was welded up wrong. I had done that back in the first part of the decade with the first body-man...not sure what happen there, but you live and you learn. That won't happen again.

I ought to of taken some shots of the those Grand Cherokee rear disk brakes, but I forgot all about it.

There you are :cheers: I have your car in my early A picture files and looks like you have dun few things to that Monster =P~ Good to see you have been enjoying your Valiant moparlee, looks like you have a new gas cap to and I am enjoying your pictures you posted up from last night :cheers:
That is one top shelf early A build :cheers:

Thanks. For me I needed to shim that flat piece of metal on the back of the gas cap that locks it I couldn't get turn more than a little of half way.....it was like at the 1:00 position or so....now big deal........it works now.

Good to see you back at it.........When I first joined FABO your car helped to inspire the direction of my undertaking.

Glad to see your back at it.Your car has been an inspiration for my 66 build,since day one.Keep the pics coming..:cheers:

Good to see you back at it.........When I first joined FABO your car helped to inspire the direction of my undertaking.

I don't think that I've seen any pictures of your car.....it sure looks good.

The rest of you guys.....I've been lurking and watching over the years.......you guy's cars are coming along real nicely. Every time you guys post pictures of your car it makes me want to start back on mine. So thanks for posting pictures of your cars! Even the stocker looking cars. Sometimes I wish I would done the KISS deal..........keep it simple stupid!

I've been working a lot of hours lately at work and trying to finish the RC to be able to tow this car with and my wife and three daughters around in.

Thanks again for the kind words and the pictures of your cars.

Man I tell you what..... as long as the car isn't sitting out in a barn, getting eat up by rats, gas turning into slush, rusting away out in the weather, then it can sit as long as you want it to IMHO. You haven't did anything wrong... mine has been sitting in the garage for about a year and half with nothing being done to it. I keep a battery tender on the battery. I'll go out and drive it up and down the road some then pull it back in the garage. I've been working a lot and riding my motorcycle. I do have that guilty feeling for some reason about my cuda sitting... don't really know why because she is being took care of. LOL

I've also moved the wall in the shop....if you notice my sig and the the one passenger side view of the pictures I posted you can see the difference......so it's still a mess too. Now it's a 30'x40' shop....it had an inset lean too if you will. I've still got beams in the middle, but............I've got more room for all the trans's and motors I got.

I'm lucky enough to get a four day weekend so I'm going to get some stuff done. I'm going to try and get this fuel line done again. Bought some stuff from Summit Racing.......some AN tools, fittings a little bit better fuel hose and Braided line test kit. They didn't have that the last time I did it.....if they did I missed it. I'm also going to install a ball valve so that I can shut the gas off to service the pump and filter, too.

Love that color. If the wagon ever makes it to paint I think that is the way I should go. Would look good with the blue interior.

Glad your back and never worry about your baby, my fav stays in her garage for long periods sometimes but is always ready to go when I fire her up. Keep up the work and she'll be a joy for a long time.

Well, I've got the line fixed. I added this ball valve..........sorry the picture is blurry. I still haven't put the wire back against the frame. It's running again and the Holley Blue Pump is noisy again.

Also, what's make a cooling system not release the pressure after a little bit after sitting? My RC doesn't have this issue?

-
Back