finaly!done and good news

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
took my car down to the shop early this morning and got my new lokar kickdown cable and throttle cable.
so i sat there for awhile and the guys takes it on a couple test drives and bam brgs it to me kickdown works great throttle has great response and best of all found out that my car still shifts very solid cause the mech says it has a shift kit in the tranny but wow does it work great now.

he also was saying the passing gear works great?whats a passing gear exactly he said u can take ur foot off the pedel and it will upshift i think and thats ur passing gear?

but man does this thing run awesome now he also put in hose for the vac advance and it works great now.when i put it on before the kickdown it ran like **** with it connected.
i love it now ill get pics of my most recent project the eng compartment white!.

passing gear is when it downshifts (with a 3 speed, usually from 3rd to 2nd) when you nail the gas to pass somebody- the kickdown assembly is what causes this to happen.

sounds good. i have the lokar setup on my 63. how much did they charge you to install it. i only ask because its kind of a pain to install on the early a bodies with the small transmission tunnel. anyways, enjoy the kickdown!

thats what i was telling my girlfreind its like driving a diff car now. she just liked it didnt kick as much and by the ay they charged 330 installed both. 3 1/2 hrs

-
Back