Fire extinguishers

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Been welding up a minitub in the garage and realized I dont have an extinguisher. How about a pic of yours and a few words of why it would be the best for me. thanks

you would need a class C that can handle grease. otherwise it could make the fire worse.

Ah dang ....you need my adoptive parents around .....they mandated (they supplied most of them) I put fire extinguishers even in the pole barn where cars get started sometimes and they routinely have a safety checklist and if they see something wrong then they call a "safety roundup" and all work must stop till the problem is fixed.....and they have shut me down before lol

you would be surprised how extensive the checklist can be .....I have had to replace extension cords for cracking and on and on .....but its for the best. If you hurt yourself then you cant work and if you cant work then you get depressed and watch TV and when you watch TV you become a zombie. .......yea its no good, be safe!!!

ABC dry chemical will cover almost anything you are likely to light up. 10lb is a good size for shop. Big enough to put out a fire, but small enough to be easily used by most people. They will make a mess though. CO2 is recommended for for electronics - not corrosive

Krazy is right. Class C. Do not get one too small. Nothing worse than running out too soon. I have 4 in my garage. One a each corner hung to a wall stud. Simple and easy.

Krazy is right. Class C. Do not get one too small. Nothing worse than running out too soon. I have 4 in my garage. One a each corner hung to a wall stud. Simple and easy.

Yes, SIZE DOES MATTER.... :cheers: :glasses7: :D

Thanks for the good info. Any brand better than another?. Wheres the best place to buy at a good price.

many years ago when i did a lot of carburetors i kept a C0-2 ext and a dry-chem. i liked the C0-2 so as to not have a mess in side the engine. if needed. and my radio control cars that use nitro. use about 60-70% methanol. so water works good to put a methanol fire out.

2 BIG CO2's for initial use,, and if they don't work,, 2 equally big Dry Chems, which I've never needed,, thank heaven.

If its a dry chemical extinguisher such as C or ABC its a good idea to at least once a month turn them upside down and shake em to keep the powder from becoming settled and lodged. Extinguishers are such cheap insurance, know how to use em.

-
Back