Firefox browser

-

DRENO

Reaction score
I am having all sorts of problems with IE 7. I read a post somewhere that recommended Firefox.Right now IE will not go to any website from a search result only from favourites.I about had enuff,will I lose my bookmarks,should I remove IE7 in the remove programs after I get Firefox? A little help here would be appreciated.Also I tried to get Avast and I just kept getting an error code which really doesn't mean squat to me.:bootysha:

ramcharger or another computer tec will jump in and help ya DRENO, I don't know squat 8)

I stopped using IE about four years ago and went to Firefox. At work, we use Firefox. 90% of junk and popups disappeared. I love Firefox!

get to firefox.com and download the install package. Open it and go thru the steps. It will even import all your bookmarks so you dont lose them.

I have both Internet Explorer and Firefox. I can have both open on the computer at the time. (Not on the same screen)

Firefox is customizable and has numerous add-ons. Many people work independently to constantly improve and upgrade it. Updated versions are released often.

You should be able to import your favorites and other data from IE. See this link for info.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/For+Internet+Explorer+users?style_mode=inproduct

There are a lot of people using this. Many don't like Microsoft at all.

Hope this helps a little.
Mike

I've used Firefox four three years now since I had my computer worked on.
the tech recommended it.
I like a lot.
And no you don't have to remove IE from your computer.
Just make Firefox you primary browser.

The ONLY reason I still have IE on my machine is b/c my Blackberry manager uses it to update the phone software, and won't play nice with Firefox. Other than that, I have not opened IE since I installed Firefox 3 years ago.

love firefox! so much better than IE! Opera is another browser that works sell, never used it much, cause firefox has treated me pretty well.

Get Superantispyware and Spybot Search and Destroy!

I have been working on computers for a long time and I love firefox......so much better than internet explorer....firefox blocks many more pop ups,remembers passwords and stuff more,has a built in updater that updates the software automatically unlike internet explorer that updats only when windows puts out an update for windows,and believe it or not but browsing is about 2 to 3 times faster and smoother,plus firefox has a couple cool features internet explore does not. make the switch man!

I have had firefox for years... MUCH better than IE, IMHO.... When you download firefox, it will ask you if you want to import all your bookmarks from IE... just click yes, and you are set!

i love firefox but this new version doesnt save my sign in info for any website. so every time i go online. I have to re enter everything

i would d/l adaware se and spybot search & destroy,(both have free versions) update both after d/l'ing. run adaware in safe mode (safe mode leaves the computer running only the basic software needed for it to run), quarantining the files at the end of it. then delete the quarantined file. reboot the pute and run spybot. click the bad files and hit fix for whatever it finds. If they don't solve the problem (if its a bug) then we move on. hope this helps.
goodluck

p.s. after you done the scans, don't remove your IE, but d/l firefox and move forward. the only bad thing I find with firefox is a few sites that require IE to run.

Two more utilities I run all of the time, and our software geeks @ work use on sites, Malware Bytes and CCleaner. Both are excellent, and we have repaired many a problem systen by shutting off system restore, booting to safe mode(F5 key @ startup, then select "Safe Mode with Networking) update Malware Bytes and do a full scan, it is amazing what this utility will fix.

Also, download CCleaner from Ccleaner.com, run it regularly, it cleans up all that garbage that some websites put on your computer, even with Firefox. Then run the registry portion and choose "scan for issues", then once done, choose "fix selected issues".

FF

i love firefox but this new version doesnt save my sign in info for any website. so every time i go online. I have to re enter everything

I run Firefox and have the same issues. It says I need to turn on cookies, but they are already on. Any tech guys know why firefox will accept some cookies, but not others?!?

I am having all sorts of problems with IE 7. I read a post somewhere that recommended Firefox.Right now IE will not go to any website from a search result only from favourites.I about had enuff,will I lose my bookmarks,should I remove IE7 in the remove programs after I get Firefox? A little help here would be appreciated.Also I tried to get Avast and I just kept getting an error code which really doesn't mean squat to me.:bootysha:

I HAVE THE SAME PROB!!! I kept getting "your current browser is out dated and should be updateted for this website" so I did.... ever since your couldn't use a search engine cause it would redirect you to some other crap website. And every time you restarted the comp Windows security would start downloading this spyware crap. I would go to add/remove hardware and delete it every time.... every time it would come back.

I'm going to take it to a buddie house and clear the hard drive and reinstall windows and then just use firefox from now on.

If you need to view something in IE, just download from Firefox/tools/addons.........search for "ie view" and download it. When you need to view in IE just right click and select "view in IE"

Well,damn! I knew I would get some response but ya blew me away.Thanx for the input people,I think I'm gona go get me a fox.8)

FABO does it again!

I switched to FireFox to give it try today since I saw this thread. I like it so far and it does seem faster. I had IE7. I tried IE8 but was having to much problems.

Yep, Firefox is the bomb, no doubt. :) Sorry I didn't see this earlier DRENO but I was recovering from a 2 day hangover. :) After reading all the responses, I'm pretty sure everyone covered everything I would have said anyway, lol.

-
Back