firewall grommet source ?

-

RedFish

Reaction score
Where do I get a new rubber grommet ? Its oval shaped and for the brake pedal rod through the firewall .

dam i baught the whole body plug kit from R/T specialties (507.388.1082) for around 40.00 bucks for a 64 ply. just tring to help......

Now I question , does the clutch pedal use the same rubber grommet ?
I have that metal plate that comes with the grommet for brake pedal. It simply changes a round hole to oval. TIA guys

Here we go again. Anyone know another source for this part ?
http://www.mpbrakes.com part number HW1300K
I got over the sticker shock then their least shipping charge offered UPS ground was 21.90 I wont ever recommend them again.

RedFish, I have looked at this thread before and have to admit, I don't recognize that part.

Is it year specific, early A ??? Let me know.......

Its an oval shaped boot on the brake pedal rod through firewall. Sorry I called it a grommet in the beginning. The hole in the firewall is round and the body gasket with master cylinder alone is sufficient. Where the is a bracket for a power booster this cadium coated plate covers and alters the hole to a vertical oval. I've got 2 originals here from 68 and 69 A-bodies and both are torn up like poped baloons. :(
and thanks by the way

Sorry, I don't have anything to help....

I got over the sticker shock then their least shipping charge offered UPS ground was 21.90 I wont ever recommend them again.

I was looking @ their website for their location, but didn't find it. Maybe, there's a member near them that could pick it up for you and ship it for the $5 bucks the shipping should be?

Jacks Auto Parts carries many plugs. If you are looking for the one below the booster (oval shaped) it's $2.50

-
Back