firewall question

-

1bad442

Reaction score
Looking under the hood of my 70 Dart and other A bodies, I know there are several bendable metal wire looms or clips to hold brake lines wiring, etc. on the firewall. Looking at the blower motor, off to the right of it are about 3-4 other bendable clips that are empty. It's a non a/c car. Is that what these were for? I cannot find any part of the harness that would otherwise go there.

Here's a link to a '68 Barracuda firewall where you can see the clips. His are empty too even after full install.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=151993&highlight=blower+motor

thanks.

I would say their for wiring. Blower motor harness? I would think any clip for brake lines will have a screw securing it to the firewall. The bendable tabs with the rubber coating would be electrical.I'm guessing

My wiring harness was in those clips before I took everything out of the engine bay and repainted. When everything was installed back in I used the clips to hold all wiring running along the firewall. Looks really neat.

Right, but the wiring harness on these cars goes from the bulkhead connector down the drivers side inner fender, these are on the passenger side. There is no blower motor harness, it wires in under the dash.

Right, but the wiring harness on these cars goes from the bulkhead connector down the drivers side inner fender, these are on the passenger side. There is no blower motor harness, it wires in under the dash.

The clips hold the stock wire harness (3 total). The one closest to the blower motor holds the wire bundle that runs along the passenger side valve cover to the coil and alternator. The reason you don't see them used in the link you posted is because there is no wiring install yet.

The clips hold the stock wire harness (3 total). The one closest to the blower motor holds the wire bundle that runs along the passenger side valve cover to the coil and alternator. The reason you don't see them used in the link you posted is because there is no wiring install yet.

BINGO!

Demon 408 is correct.

1bad442, sorry about the mis-informed thread of mine, I haven't had the chance to wire my car yet...it is still under the tarp waiting for me to wire it. lol

mopardude318

No worries, your Dart is coming out absolutely killer. I'm building the exact same car right now, getting to the final assembly stages. I'll try to post pics.

Steve

-
Back