Firing Up A Fresh Engine for the frist time is like asking a gal out for a date

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
LOL

Isn't it thou.

Your pretty sure it all go well but like you never know until it happens, ha ha.

I'm getting ready to firer the 340 up in a few more days and thinking how uneasy I feel about it, even thou it seems to be going ok. And I'm like gee I feel like I am getting ready to asking some hot chick out, lol

Know the feeling. Prime, fill engine with water through intake (less air pockets). fill carb.
Get two buds. Fire it; 2 buds set timing, and watch for water burp, and leaks. You monitor gauges.
Then beer. Then adjust timing and carb again, at idle.

X2

Hope yours goes better then mine did:-D

bentpushrod.jpg

You don't know if she will run or not.

She may blow, or she may purr like a kitten.

She may have a bad leak and you will have to wait till it clears up.

She may spit and sputter and not act very well to the whole thing.

She may get really hot or really cold.

Anyways it's worth the try, and after she's broke in it's always less stressful thereafter.

you don't know if she will run or not.

She may blow, or she may purr like a kitten.

She may have a bad leak and you will have to wait till it clears up.

She may spit and sputter and not act very well to the whole thing.

She may get really hot or really cold.

Anyways it's worth the try, and after she's broke in it's always less stressful thereafter.

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

Engine break-in is why they invented beer. Takes the edge off. And makes for more sweat, lol. Good luck.

know the feeling its one creapy feeling, funny thing is that that fealing usualy leaves me pretty quick when its running and has a good running tune thats when i always forget to take it alitle easy on the new asembly and just start hammering on it ;)

LOL

Isn't it thou.

Your pretty sure it all go well but like you never know until it happens, ha ha.

I'm getting ready to firer the 340 up in a few more days and thinking how uneasy I feel about it, even thou it seems to be going ok. And I'm like gee I feel like I am getting ready to asking some hot chick out, lol

Good luck with the fire up, the first fire up always makes me a little nervious (might just be excitement)... As for the chicks, It's better to try and get shot down then to walk away and never know....

On the other hand, the difference between new girls and new engines is that you hope one will blow and the other one won't!! :snakeman:

Its running. Started right up this afternoon with the temp outside at 90 degrees --timing was set at 38...pretty good for removing the plugs and push rods and cranking it over to check the timing with a timing light. I backed it off to 35 after a few mins to play it safe and let it running at 2,500 for 20 mins. I used a garden hose to spray the rad every few mins. Never got hotter than 175

Changed the oil right after ward. Just seen drop of oil in back-pan or main not sure but no biggie to me.

Was so happy if fired right up and ran really good and smooth.

Just like "asking" a gal in Las Vegas out! Ha ha ha

-
Back